Of what use HIGH connections?

I’m at the university now and some of the day 12 rewards are substantial gains to some connections.

I honestly don’t understand why.

I’ve got 50 in most connections so that I could change job to any one I wanted, any time I drew the right card, but I honestly don’t see the worth of having it higher.

Arn’t most of the items I could trade connection for easier to get through unfinished buisness?
edited by ICountFrom0 on 2/8/2015

There comes a point where having very high connections is more vanity than useful. However, I’ve noticed that some newer content is having Connection 50 as useful, so it might be nice to hang onto them. And yes, most of the items are easier through unfinished business, unless you really want the item you get, it’s not really worth the connection loss.

So my instinct to keep them at 50 or better was sound?

Thank you.

The making Waves option on the Bazaar Lodgings card that requires Connected: Society at 100, among other things. It’s gives quite a bit of echoes as well (around 100-200), so if you’ve built it up over the course of, say, CVR work, it’s not a bad profit.

Other than that, there aren’t many options that are useful for 50+ connections. Revolutionaries at 100 is an alternate way to get a Ray-Drenched Cinder w/out skulls or advancing the Liberation of Night, though you’ll need ways of dealing with Suspicion in order to get it that high (such as the Hallowmas Confessions).
I think there’s another option for Society 100 on the Amaneusis card, but it’s not an efficient generator of Making Waves.
Having a High Conneted:Constables is useful for one check on the Velocipede Squad Carousel, but I don’t think it has to be higher than 50.

Besides that… not really much.
edited by Rackenhammer on 2/8/2015

[quote=Rackenhammer]The making Waves option on the Bazaar Lodgings card that requires Connected: Society at 100, among other things. It’s gives quite a bit of echoes as well (around 100-200), so if you’ve built it up over the course of, say, CVR work, it’s not a bad profit.
[/quote]
Really? Wiki has it pegged at 36-61 echoes, and it costs a collection of curiosities+personal recommendation, so it’s actually a net loss of about 30 echoes, even before eccounting for the lost connection …

Most Connections have unique descriptors at the upper levels - topping out at either 100 or 150 (except Masters and the Uni factions, I believe). It’s definitely not useful, but that’s the reason that some of us continue to increase them.

[quote=xKiv]
Really? Wiki has it pegged at 36-61 echoes, and it costs a collection of curiosities+personal recommendation, so it’s actually a net loss of about 30 echoes, even before accounting for the lost connection …[/quote]

They may have updated it; or it may actually be linked to Persuasive, since I have that capped.

Society (and bohemians) connections are definitely useful to raise above fifty if you have a salon

On the other hand, is there any use for the connected: constables i get from the cvr? I’m almost tempted to burn it all for surface currency since 240ppa is fairly decent if there’s nothing else. (…well less when you take into account raising the connection, but i’m getting that from the CVR as a byproduct so)