Nightmare Reduction: Is it just me, or...

Maybe I’m just crazy. Maybe I just have a really bizarre kind of luck.

But despite them both being “either way” challenges, hot wine at the Carnival invariably succeeds more often than ignoring the Cheery Gentleman for me.

Has this been the case for anyone else?
edited by GG Crono on 5/3/2012

[quote=GG Crono]Maybe I’m just crazy. Maybe I just have a really bizarre kind of luck.

But despite them both being “either way” challenges, hot wine at the Carnival invariably succeeds more often than ignoring the Cheery Gentleman for me.

Has this been the case for anyone else?
edited by GG Crono on 5/3/2012[/quote]

Meh, statistics and probability playing hell on you most likely. Whenever I have to ignore the gentlemen it worked quite frequently for me, no experience on the hot wine though.

In my own biased view on ‘it could go either way’, harkens my memory back to a saying I oft use… “I have only a fifty-fifty chance of getting it right, but a ninety percent chance of getting it wrong”

The hot wine usually backfires on me, which is why I haven’t tried it in a long time. :-(

I generally only drink the hot wine if I already have a scandal-reduction card, or if I deliberately want to increase scandal. Then again, Persons of Some Importance can purchase items that grant much better opportunities to reduce nightmares.

Actually the hot wine is my most oft used nightmare reducer and I’d say it does work out to be a bit better than fifty-fifty. I never touch it if my scandal is too high tho, just in case luck is not with me. My luck with the Cheery Man has been abysmal.
edited by Aryenke on 5/13/2012