New Stats

You mean the cards that trigger the storylet where they give you the pet? Yes, they appear there… The storylet is always in [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Watchmaker’s Hill[/color] instead.

Are we sure we have all the data correct? It seems strange we’d have two pets that fall into ‘Gates of the Garden/Bizarre’ and two in ‘Eyes of Icarus/Respectable’ but nothing for ‘Eyes of Icarus/Bizarre,’ ‘Falling Cities/Bizarre’ or ‘Gates of the Garden/Respectable.’

Then again, perhaps I’m wanting things to be neater than they need to be. :)

You mean the cards that trigger the storylet where they give you the pet? Yes, they appear there… The storylet is always in [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Watchmaker’s Hill[/color] instead.[/quote]

I am referring to the card that allows you to do something with your pet, including an option to give it away.

[quote=Urthdigger]
I am referring to the card that allows you to do something with your pet, including an option to give it away.[/quote]
[color=000099]Those cards should appear anywhere.[/color]

[quote=Urthdigger]

I am referring to the card that allows you to do something with your pet, including an option to give it away.[/quote]

I didn’t even know they existed XD I never found one.

Can someone refresh me what the four starting areas are? Is watchmaker’s hill a part of them?

Watchmaker’s Hill, Ladybones Road, Veilgarden and Spite.

I wonder if these cards are simply quite rare. I’ve gotten cards for my lizard and my weasels several times now, seen one for the mandrake pop up a few times, sorrow spider too, but still no card for my mole.

Maybe it depends on which pet you have, because I’ve already gotten the card three times for my hungover terrier

I’m wondering if anyone else has not seen Anything to do with the new pets yet? No card, no storylet in Watchmaker’s Hill, nothing.

I know I’ve seen mention of a bug reporting forum, but I don’t see one anywhere…

Go figure, I bring it up and it pops up soon after. I was a little disappointed to see that with the scant Dreaded quality I can get, it’s an almost impossible check. The watchful option for it was nice though, got an incendiary gossip for a straightforward watchful check.

I wouldn’t worry about the almost-impossibleness. At least in my case, I took the almost impossible option for my bizzare, and there were no negative consequences - if anything, it just raised my Bizarre from 0 to 2, sort of like how very early storylets don’t really punish new players for failing them beyond the loss of an action.

Actually, they changed that. You weren’t intended to be able to level these qualities up. You’ll find your quality should be 0 again, and they no longer increase it. I figured I wanted to do at least something productive with my pet.

Maybe it depends on which pet you have, because I’ve already gotten the card three times for my hungover terrier[/quote]

Well, on the top of my head I’d say it’s implausible that the frequency of the card is tied to the pet, but actually my Hungover Terrier already saw his card twice or thrice too as of now.

Goodness, is that the case? I didn’t even notice.

Watchful failed in a challenge!

Hmm… What Alexis Kennedy said in http://community.failbettergames.com/topic299-a-bizarre-option.aspx seems to imply that the qualities being raised was a glitch. Maybe it’s still glitched or something?

I had a similar experience with the Tortoise, and a Respectable point. I’ve emailed the bugs address, citing that same post.

[color=00ffff]This bug does not want to be squished. We have purchased heavier boots. There should be a satisfying ‘crunch’ soon.[/color]

[color=#660033]@UneasyRiderNC: please email bugs to ebbugs@failbettergames.com. Thank you![/color]

Thanks. Sent the bug report yesterday. Card and Rendezvous showed up today - not sure whether due to luck or intervention but happy regardless!