New Stats

I’m sure that you wonderful lot have noticed that there are three new stats: Respectable, Dreaded, and Bizarre. I haven’t had any actions that increased these, though some of my Person of Importance items boost them. Any speculation on what they’ll be used for? Or are there stories that already require them?

No idea what they’ll be used for yet, but I pulled some intel about what gives bonuses to what from the other thread discussing the Endless Actions policy:

[quote=streetfelineblue]OK, so till now:
Early reported the Majestic Pleasure Yacht gives +2 Respectable, and the Obdurate Stallion +2 Dreaded.
Proto Omega mentioned the Zubmarine gives +1 Bizarre.
The Bazaar also added some descriptors:

• Respectable Grey Gown, Dignified Tailcoat, Morning Suit and Formidable Gown all give +1 Respectable;
  • Ratskin Suit +1 Dreaded;
  • Emerald Gown +1 Respectable;
  • Distinguished Gentleman’s Outfit +1 A Brazen Fate;
  • Immaculate Frock Coat and Magnificent Midnight-Blue Evening Gown +1 Respectable;
  • Sumptuous Dandy Outfit and Exquisite Ivory Gown +1 A Brazen Fate;
  • Bengal Tigress +1 Dreaded;
  • Overgoat +1 Dreaded and +1 Bizarre.

Any other hint?[/quote]

[quote=colinsapherson]
A couple:

Membership of God’s Editors gives +4 respectable
A Newspaper gives nothing
A Clay Sedan Chair gives +2 bizarre
A Velocipede gives nothing
A Zub gives +1 bizarre, not +2. Or to put it another way, my Zub gives +1 not +2. Maybe others have superior weirder models (though I doubt it).[/quote]

[quote=Lady Red]Gang of Hoodlums gives +2 dreaded
Respectable Landau gives +2 respectable
Majestic Pleasure Yacht gives +2 respectable
Parthanaeum gives +4 respectable

I seem to be much more respectable than I intended, haha! (Surely the yacht should be scandalous rather than respectable? grin)[/quote]

Quotes included to give credit where it is due.

Edit: Oh, just noticed–references to “A Brazen Fate” should be ignored, if they haven’t been removed from the game yet already.
edited by Freemage on 2/8/2012

Not quite ignored - they’ve been replaced by ‘+1 Respectable’

Ratwork Velocipede = +2 Dreaded and +2 Respectable
edited by Alva St-Snow on 2/8/2012

I assume they’re not highway stats, both because they don’t use animal icons and because that would be an incredible amount of extra work for the development team. However, they must be something interesting to appear in he sidebar.

Though if they did use animal icons, might I suggest:

Respectable: Stag. Formerly rooster, but they look terrible head-on.
Dreaded: Shark
Weird: Platypus!
edited by Patrick Reding on 2/8/2012

I’d do an octopus or squid for Bizarre, personally. Or perhaps the famous Octocrow.

Bifurcated Owl: Dreaded +1, Bizarre +1

I wonder if advanced Lodgings will eventually add to these stats? They seem to line up very easily - the Lofty Tower is surely Respectable, the Western Tower is Dreaded, and the Tower of Sun and Moon is Bizarre, no?
edited by SeanH on 2/8/2012

Grubby Kitten: Dreaded +1, aren’t you, precious?

A kitten? WHERE??? I cannot resist cats of any sort.

A kitten? WHERE??? I cannot resist cats of any sort.[/quote]

By taking on an opportunity that will lead you to a Clandestine Rendezvous on Watchmaker’s Hill. For the kitten,[color=#ffffff] say the urchins sent you. I’ve a weakness for children and animals.[/color]

In related news –

Hungover Terrier: Bizarre +1
Bandaged Raven: Bizarre +1

I’m holding out for the inevitable Amused stat.

Animal Icon will be, His Amused Lordship, naturally.

My pet for hell: Preening Macaw +1 BIZARRE

On a side-note can you equip the other pets? Because my Macaw is a useless curiosity at the moment.

My pet for Bohemian: Hungover Terrier +1 Bizarre. Getting the Terrier got me the Fingerwork Story Quality.
edited by streetfelineblue on 2/8/2012

Taciturn Mynah is +1 Respectable, and does not yet appear to have is own icon (same as the dazed raven adviser- unless mynah birds are also white in the neath.) It also comes with the Fingerwork quality.

What faction gives you the Taciturn Mynah, if I may? I’m compiling a little guide out of personal curiosity.

What faction gives you the Taciturn Mynah, if I may? I’m compiling a little guide out of personal curiosity.[/quote]

The Docks. A fine gent was kind enough to loose him at dice just before mentioning he wasn’t worth anything.

Thanks!

What faction gives you the Taciturn Mynah, if I may? I’m compiling a little guide out of personal curiosity.[/quote]

The Docks. A fine gent was kind enough to loose him at dice just before mentioning he wasn’t worth anything.[/quote]

What were you gambling for if I might ask?