New Heist in the Flit!

I noticed something. I attempted to get 7 instead of 5 in the Heist quality, and the rewards changed. The Ambassador (me) handed me among other things an Antique Mystery and some artifacts.
Unfortunately I lost the copy I made, but 7 seems to bring different rewards than 5. I will try the same for the Glass.

[quote=Jolanda Swan]I noticed something. I attempted to get 7 instead of 5 in the Heist quality, and the rewards changed. The Ambassador (me) handed me among other things an Antique Mystery and some artifacts.
Unfortunately I lost the copy I made, but 7 seems to bring different rewards than 5. I will try the same for the Glass.[/quote]

Are you sure you did not steal different documents? There’s five different sets of rewards, 4 vary with which documents you picked (the Purloined Paperwork quality) and one is always available. The wax tablets give a mystery, an artefact, an antique hunting rife and 5 dubious testimony if you trade them with the ambassador.

Pretty sure Tuxi’s observation is correct.

Just to avoid further confusion, here are the rewards for trading in the various documents:

[spoiler]

• collection of scrolls about the Kingdom of Vesture: 2 x Vital Intelligence, 2 x Outlandish Artefact[/li][li]series on the succession laws of Arbor: 1 x Favour in High Places, 1 x Magnificent Diamond, 10 x Memory of Distant Shores[/li][li]vellum book on the Rosers: 2 x Presbyterate Passphrase, 1 x Favour in High Places, 1 x Vital Intelligence[/li][li]set of wax tablets, inscribed with ancient treaties: 1 x Ancient Hunting Rifle, 1 x Antique Mystery, 5 x Dubious Testimony, 1 x Outlandish Artefact[/li][li]Deliver any documents to the Glass: 2 x Live Specimen, 1 x Puzzling Map, 1 x Silent Soul [/spoiler]

edited by phryne on 3/10/2019

I quite often opt to continue the heist for highter values of progress in order to obtain more MW. I also think it influences the other rewards – e.g. Vital Intelligence.

…and this is why you should stay away from Fallen London when you have a fever. Sorry for that guys! Thanks for the list.

I tend to go for pretty high values of progress too, but I’ve never seen it affect the rewards.

Just the other day I was thinking how great it would be if we got new heists and zailing destinations.
Excellent news!
Now if we get a little something for zailing too, I’ll be as happy as a clam.

Both Heists and Expeditions have to do with the Rosers.
It could be that the Parabolan Base Camp is approaching. Or something Parabola-related anyway.

[quote=silurica]… and this alt has the Widow text except for handing in the vellum book on the Rosers, which is bugged and ironically got me the Duchess’ respond instead…[/quote]This has now been fixed and lo, the Widow actually does bother to collect these documents herself! :D

Yeah, I received an e-mail about it and went on another run for that particular result. I was delighted to see the Widow herself.

At the same time, I stole the Rosers document again on a character that got the Duchess as the Ambassador and noticed there’s a small but striking difference in the Duchess’ respond between the result I got properly and the one I got from the bug.

[quote=Jolanda Swan]Both Heists and Expeditions have to do with the Rosers.
It could be that the Parabolan Base Camp is approaching. Or something Parabola-related anyway.[/quote]

Some of the next profession levels seem Parabola-related! Hope springs eternal

I noticed that too! I just went for another Duchess/Rosers run to see whether they changed this result, too, but it’s the same as before.

I thought the one from the bug was more interesting :D
edited by phryne on 3/12/2019

How did I only notice this now? Oh well, at least all the results are already known =p