New Game: Hanging on Load Screen

Hi!

After re-installing numerous times via GOG client, I still cannot get into the game. The game always hangs on the loading screen with the icon spinning in the right-hand corner.

Has anyone come across this before and solved it?

Cheers,
Helixanus

[color=#e53e00]Can you chuck us a ticket? Thanks!
sunlesssea@failbettergames.com [/color]

[quote=helixanus]Hi!

After re-installing numerous times via GOG client, I still cannot get into the game. The game always hangs on the loading screen with the icon spinning in the right-hand corner.

Has anyone come across this before and solved it?

Cheers,
Helixanus[/quote]

Hello,

I have the exact same issue. Recently bought the game + DLC on Steam and i can not play it so far. The game is stuck in the loading screen each time i hit new game.

Game version is V2.2.6.3150 with DLC Zubmariner
Windows 10 64 bits family
16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666mhz
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GDDR5 4Gb
2 SSD (1 external Samsung Evo 970) and 1 HDD (i tried installing the game on both SSD and my HDD but nothing helped).

Ticket sent :
Ticket #49622: Sunless Sea - stuck in loading screen after new game launch - V2.2.6.3150 with DLC Zubmariner
edited by vahadar on 2/18/2019

In the end i managed to fix it doing two things :

• removing steam_appid.txt in the main game directory -> to prevent crash after game launch and company logo animation (before game menu)

• deleting the entire folder in (USER)\AppData\LocalLow\Failbetter Games -> to prevent being stuck in infinite loop after clicking new game in main game menu after launch from steam

Please disregard ticket then.
edited by vahadar on 2/18/2019