New Extension: FL Time Keeper

Khanate message is wrong for me as well. Though it might be because I collected my report on my phone, not on my pc. Not sure.

Gotta say though, great extension. Was thinking of creating something like that myself, but I have little to no experience with web technologies, so thank you very much for making one.
Since I haven’t hit that point yet, does it show Hours/Minutes when there is less than a day left?
If so, tracking Whitsun eggs would be a nice addition. I don’t like the living stories for regular events like Balmoral, but I loathe them during Whitsun.

It really should track hours and minutes, but that may have been broken in the current release. Balmoral/Khanate tracking only works if you choose relevant branch on the same PC the extension is installed, so I am curious why it works at all with you.

Surprised me as well. If I remember correctly, the Khanate tracking showed up after I played the Balmoral Branch. Though whether this means its connected or not, can’t tell you.

1 Like

New version just got released (1.1.1) which contains fixed for multiple-alt situation and hopefully Khanate tracking. Should trickle down the extension stores in a few hours.

Feel free to try and see if it helps with your situations!

NB: This version will reset Balmoral/Khanate tracking as extension switched to a new format for storing track data.

Hm, I’m afraid mine seems to have disappeared altogether with the update. The extension shows as active, but the tracking banner doesn’t show up at all anymore. Sorry to be always reporting bugs!

That is extremely weird. Balmoral/Khanate lines may disappear till the next time, but TTH should always show up.

One thing is that you may be in the area where Opportunity Deck is not shown. Banner is only visible when the deck is visible for the moment.

If it still not present, could you please do the following:

1. Open “JavaScript Console” in your browser (usually it’s under “View - Developer - JavaScript Console”)
  2. Filter out messages by entering “Time Keeper” in the relevant field.
  3. Copy and paste messages from it here.

This will help a lot with the debugging.

I’m in the Khanate right now, so that might explain it. I had thought it was missing before that, but I could definitely be wrong. I’ll check that and send the info once I return to London.

Back in London, the banner with Time the Healer is indeed back. I think I picked up my Khaganian reports after the update, and definitely so for Balmoral, so I assume they’ll show up once I’ve picked them up. Thank you for your help!

I’m afraid my Khanate notification is still not showing up. The other two are working fine.

Yeah, my Khanate notification also isn’t showing.
I think it did show up at first, after picking up my report. But then it was just gone.
I am going to keep a closer watch on it when I pick up my reports on the weekend. See what happens.

I am sorry to hear that. :frowning:

Can you please try removing it and reinstalling again from the store before picking up the report next time? Mind you, removing the extension will make you lose existing Balmoral tracking data as well.

Sure, I’ll give it a try next week, thanks!

Reinstalled it (Firefox) and picked up my Report.
The Khanate message did actually show up while zailing back home to london.
But once docked in London it just disappeared.
Confounding to say the least.
I took a look at the source code, but I am not too familiar with javascript/web development, so I didn’t find anything. :man_shrugging:

I sadly forgot to look at the debug output when docking in London and closed the tab afterwards. I will try to remember that next time. See if anything pops up. Current output doesn’t look suspicious to me:

Debug output
20:19:55.788 [FL Time Keeper] Setting up API interceptors. inject.js:73:17
20:19:55.788 [FL Time Keeper] Setting up DOM mutation observer. inject.js:73:17
20:19:56.002 [FL Time Keeper] Got FL auth token! inject.js:73:17
20:19:56.002 [FL Time Keeper] Trying to fetch TTH arrival moment from server... inject.js:73:17
20:19:56.462 [FL Time Keeper] Next display update in 28 minutes. inject.js:73:17
20:19:59.299 [FL Time Keeper] Current user ID: xxxxxx inject.js:73:17
20:20:00.004 [FL Time Keeper] Got FL auth token! inject.js:73:17
20:20:00.004 [FL Time Keeper] Next display update in 10 minutes. inject.js:73:17
20:20:01.376 [FL Time Keeper] Time till this moment comes: 5 days or 111 hours or 6688 minutes. inject.js:73:17
20:20:01.376 [FL Time Keeper] Next display update in 10 minutes. inject.js:73:17

After uninstalling and reinstalling, then picking up the report, report tracking is still not showing. The other two are showing fine, even though I haven’t picked up the Balmoral gift since reinstalling it. Sorry!

Just picked up the report again.At sea it shows up just fine. But once I get back to London, it is gone.
In the browser storage khanate_moment is null in London. (I forgot to check the storage when I was still at sea.)
Really confusing, why it does that.

Anyway, since this thread is currently mostly bug discussion, I want to emphasize, that this extension is still very helpful and much appreciated. I probably would have lost my notability this week without it :joy_cat:
So thank you for making it.

2 Likes

Yes, very much seconding that, it’s so useful!

Thank you, that bug report is really helpful! And thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

Hopefully this will get fixed in future versions.

oh this looks v handy! thanks for putting it together

1 Like