New avatars coming!

A bevy of new character portraits shall be released soon. Here’s your preview of a select few:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.620299574666192.1073741826.135959263100228&type=1

The diver is my favorite from the lot, though I’m also quite partial to the bespectacled lady with flask in hand.

Tired of your current avatar?

Want to change your attire for the season?

You may get your chance! For those who don’t have a Facebook account linked to their FL character, the story exclusive to Facebook users is now open to you. For how long, who knows? It’s a gold-bordered opportunity card found throughout the city. Get hopping.

It all starts with a conversation in the rain…

EDIT: They’re all out now! An album for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.622526477776835.1073741827.135959263100228&type=1

The tentacle hat looks terrific!
edited by Zeedee on 5/1/2013

I really like the new style.

I may be alone in this, but I think it would be great if the available avatars were not locked to what your in-game gender is. I just think it would be more interesting to have all these options about what your character looks like, and how they’re read.

You’re not alone in it. Or at the very least people have wanted the ability to change gender. I like the new avatars as well! I know which one my alt is going to be switching to after these become available. My main will probably stay the same.

i just want to be a gentleman with the hat stack cameo, that is all i ask

I’m another who wants to abolish the gender restrictions on avatars.

I’m eager for the new silhouette portraits. My alts will probably make a switch.

I’ll link to another set of FB photos. Here are the newer attribute icons in high quality:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.619776048051878.1073741825.135959263100228&type=3

I like them and the new sidebar style in general. The coy fox is my favorite. I still prefer the older animal icons, though. I did have some trouble distinguishing between the old cat and fox icons, so I’m glad they’re now far more distinct.

Unfortunately, to get the hat-stack cameo you have to pre-order Echo Bazaar on Steam >.>

This. Failbetter, take notes from this guy.

They should just release a ton of new avatars. Then reintroduce the Face Tailor. Make an option that’s expensive but doesn’t cost Nex. Everyone’s happy.

Have they discontinued the Face-Tailor? My main character, Sherman, still has the option to change his face from it luckily, but I’d be disappointed if my alternate couldn’t get that opportunity without spending Nex.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that this portrait:

Is not available to male characters? My guess is that it is for those of mysterious or indistinct genders at the moment. Though it seems fairly distinct to me?
I’m sad, that was the one I was hoping to change to. Alas.

[quote=Frith ]I really like the new style.

I may be alone in this, but I think it would be great if the available avatars were not locked to what your in-game gender is. I just think it would be more interesting to have all these options about what your character looks like, and how they’re read.[/quote]

I definitely want this as well, having an unladylike lady who happens to fall out of the bounds of the range of “lady” portraits altogether.

Just wanted to say that the new male character portraits aren’t nearly as cool as the female and non-gendered ones. They both get a bunch of wild new ones (tomb colonist! leper! diver! tentacle-headed woman!) but the male portraits don’t get anything half so interesting.

Oh, I don’t know. Chaps get Moustachioed Clubman, Soft-hatted Adventurer, Turbann’d Traveller, Capable Zee-captain. Not to mention the pirate.

I’m also quite disheartened to see that the portraits have been dulled in color since being added to the game. They were quite lovely in bright red and bronze.
Still, they’re all very pretty regardless :)

Wait, what’s the Face-Tailor thing? I thought I went through Face-Tailor, but I didn’t get an option to change my cameo.

That amuses me, because I am lady who is not at all interested in any of the lady portraits!

If you go through the face-tailor story, you should have gotten an item, a page from the Liber Visionis, that will let you change your face.

Oh, those are so very pretty! I think my personal favorite is the top-hatted woman with the curly hair. Unfortunately, my character most definitely does not have curly hair, so I won’t be using it (on my main at least).

Now the conundrum is, do I want to change my cameo to one of the new ones or not? I’ve been unhappy with the one I have (the lady pirate) for a while now, but none of the other options fit all that much better than my current one. If only I could use the artwork from–or a silhouette version of–the Woman in Green/Last Constable (they use the same art) as my cameo…that would be pretty awesome.[li]
edited by protonsinthedark on 5/7/2013

Yeah, I took the chineese stick girl when I could, and the options to change are now open, but not really me, you know? A lady of society who can lift your soul, your purse or kill a robber on her own just isn’t fit in those cameos.