New Arrival Opportunities — any edges?

Hello!

I’m relatively new in Fallen London (one week or so). Being started, I was gifted by New Arrival Quality Then there were some Opprtunity Cards relevant to this quality and decreasing it. But now it seems I’m stuck with the New Arrival 2 (as there’s no more red tutorial Opportunities). What’s the edge? Maybe I’m accidentally too old already? Sorry, I’m disturbed with that Quality and some unfinishedness.

Omce again, is there any limitations to the New Arrival cards’ appearance?

[quote=Kharsirr Lynx]Hello!

I’m relatively new in Fallen London (one week or so). Being started, I was gifted by New Arrival Quality Then there were some Opprtunity Cards relevant to this quality and decreasing it. But now it seems I’m stuck with the New Arrival 2 (as there’s no more red tutorial Opportunities). What’s the edge? Maybe I’m accidentally too old already? Sorry, I’m disturbed with that Quality and some unfinishedness.

Omce again, is there any limitations to the New Arrival cards’ appearance?[/quote]

Absolutely no idea. But I’d stop being worried by qualities. You’ll get loads of them, and stop being able to keep track …

I already understood that, but there’s more RP reason for it (and 2 Fate also)
Being really strange to be New arrival in the years to come, eh)

[quote=Kharsirr Lynx]I already understood that, but there’s more RP reason for it (and 2 Fate also)
Being really strange to be New arrival in the years to come, eh)[/quote]

I suspect it goes with a pack card at some point. Maybe getting accommodation? It’s been a while since I had a new character …

It’ll allow you to draw a card which gives you coffee once and again. Since drawing it is random, though…

It’s quite possible you’re just unlucky. As your stats increase and you start doing things, you start to find new opportunity cards, and those can crowd out the ones you’d get as a newbie (Case in point, I used to get loads of dreams each day, easily eight or ten - now I’m lucky if I can find two or three.) I do remember that while I found my first few New Arrival cards quickly, the last one showed up much, much later - perhaps a week and a half after I’d joined. I’d nearly forgotten about it.