Nemesis Conclusion part 1

Quick question: the game says I need only visit three of the four places my bat has been to. But can I visit all four if I want to?

Yes, you most definitely can. Still waiting for my one dream to reacquire one certain quality…

I just spent a few days in Mutton Island. The weather was rather miserable.

Battitude update: still no battitude.

Battitude! Took 18 days of deck resets with Flash Lays.

well done and god speed

I found the fragmented memories of the month-long trip with the Lady in Lilac very interesting. Chronologically, it appears like this:

1. In the Mirror-Marches, Lilac finds a message that she wants to send to the Far Wilderness, past the Avid Horizon. It seems that the message itself cannot exist outside of Parabola, so Lilac has to tattoo it onto your tongue to bring it outside.

2. While in Port Carnelian, Lilac was trying to find a carrier for the message. The local tigers tell her that while they are not willing to go past the Avid Horizon themselves, they know of Londoner that could, giving her the address and a way through Parabola.

3. At the Royal Bethlehem Hotel, the three of you (you, Lilac, and the carrier) meet together. The carrier is described as a male scholar covered in tattoos on his flaky, burnt skin, a pessimist when it comes to matters of light (and by extension, Law). The conversation implies that while the carrier may not survive the journey, the message would. It is probable that his body underwent certain rituals like with Seeking to make sure that he doesn’t immediately die upon going to space.

4. While being possessed by Storm, Lilac and the carrier question the zee god about the proper way to send a letter to the Far Wilderness and how to address the receiver(s) involved, a feat that Storm discourages them from trying.

5. The month-long journey ends at the Avid Horizon, implying that the carrier went past the Avid Horizon and the message was sent. Lilac departs after accomplishing her goal, and you are left alone at the Gate without your memories due to irrigo exposure from Lilac.

This particular journey was not done for Cups as far as I know, so the question is what message was sent, and for whom?

Congratulations. I’m waiting for the same myself, but alas - still no joy.

Still no Battitude here.

I have killed a Master. I am not sure that I made the right choice. But I was committed. Now the deed is done. Should you wish to know the end of my indefatigable vengeance, you may look here.
edited by FeldonSmithe on 2/4/2020

Care to post only once and inside spoilers?

Battitude update: still no battitude.

Me neither. Darned bats.

I think I just fat-fingered my way into reporting this or a nearby post by mistake twice. I hang my head in shame. My abject apologies. (As an aside, I also dinged one of my overcapped qualities by one by mistake in the Hall of Mirrors, and will get to spend a lot of time and effort fixing that.)

I am very angry at the devs for making it near impossible to get a bat with attitude.

Don’t be angry. Just embrace it. There are some people out there seeking vengeance who were simply handed a sassy bat by Fate, and others who grimly determined that such a bat would be a necessary part of their revenge early on and dedicated their time to it. And then there are those of us who, denied an appropriately attitudinal bat, will simply come to terms with our ambitions, taming them.

I have gathered through the shroomvines that there’s a plan to make an option at the appropriate place for the appropriate people to get a … way less unreliable method of obtaining a bath with attitude.
edited by xKiv on 2/24/2020

[quote=xKiv]… a bath with attitude.
edited by xKiv on 2/24/2020[/quote]

I feel very strongly that I need one of these. :)

You know, I lazily clicked on that option maybe a handful of times over the course of a few days and got my Bat with Attitude. No idea what I did to make the RNG love me this much. :D

[quote=phryne]You know, I lazily clicked on that option maybe a handful of times over the course of a few days and got my Bat with Attitude. No idea what I did to make the RNG love me this much. :D[/quote]It waits around the corner! :D