Names and Epithets?

How many of the FL characters do we know names for, not just their descriptive epithets and the like?

I mean, people have worked out the historical references behind some, but there are others, surely, that we pick up as we go.

For example, His Amused Lordship refers to the Bishop of Southwark as Reginald.

Clarence :D

The Ambitious Barrister’s name might well be Miss Baggers, according to Iron Republic sources.

And the Topsy King’s given name is Tristam Bagley.

I can’t actually think of any others as of current.

We know the name of the Cheesemonger and her daughter.

Doctor Schlomo is an Austrian psychologist, so… probably Sigmund Freud.

The Honey-Addled Detective looks an awful lot like Sherlock Holmes.

There’s Mr Huffam, Miriam Plenty, Jervaise (Mr Wines’ guy), everyone with a stand in the Bazaar, Baseborn & Fowlingpiece (however you spell their names), the Traitor Empress and her Consort, April of the Callendar Council, hm…

I can’t think of other names out of my head, besides the ones that are already in the thread, but I’m pretty sure we know a lot of names. Most are too minor and we don’t see them again, but it’s more common than it seems to find named characters.

For those curious about historical figures, a few are mentioned in this old thread: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic7961-mr--i-presume.aspx

The Delightful Adventuress was referred to by name in a recent Exceptional Friend story, though I can’t actually remember what it was right now. Her bitter rival is Leonora Fortescue, and her clay servant is called Barnabas.
edited by PJ on 7/28/2016

And let’s not forget Cynthia, Lucy, and Phoebe at Hunter’s Keep.

[quote=PJ]The Delightful Adventuress was referred to by name in a recent Exceptional Friend story, though I can’t actually remember what it was right now.[/quote]Agatha Treadgold ;)

… and her name was first revealed a year and a half ago, actually!
edited by phryne on 7/28/2016

[color=#9900ff]Millicent.[/color]

[quote=PJ]The Delightful Adventuress was referred to by name in a recent Exceptional Friend story, though I can’t actually remember what it was right now. Her bitter rival is Leonora Fortescue, and her clay servant is called Barnabas.
edited by PJ on 7/28/2016[/quote]

Ah yes, the Darling Archeologist.

Not that I recall, but if he were, it wouldn’t be at all inconsistent with a Watsonian interpretation.

(Otherwise, a lot of the real names I can recall have already been mentioned… there’s also Mr Inch, all the named Mahogany Hall performers… and there’s a Calendar Council member called John, and we get a few solid hints on both his Neathy and his real-world identity.

Madam Shoshana, Mrs Plenty (and presumably Mr Plenty), Sinning Jenny, Feducci, Dr Orthos, Silas the Showman, Lettice the Mercy, Grace the Mercy, Benjamin Villein … I know there’s a few more at least.[li]
Edit: also Mr Inch and Mr Adoniform.
edited by Lady Sapho Byron on 7/28/2016

We know the names of the Clathermount family, the mother’s name is Millicent, the daughters (?) are named Edie, Lily and Myrtle. I can’t recall the first name of Mr Clatthermount, though.
Some Urchins have names, e.g. Colonel Molly.
Also, the whole Black Ribbon society: Mr Inch, Colonel Pommery, Chi Lan, Father Norton, Captain Vendrick…

Then there are non-human named persons, like Virginia the deviless, or the Clay Men Jasper, Frank and Lyme.

Remembered that a few more Young Stags have names as well. Chuffy McAvoy-Dauntless and ‘Winkles’ Cheesewright-Cheesewright. Although not a member herself, the Blithe Graduate’s beloved is named Mathilde.

Also, there’s Von Schadlinge, a rival Vake-hunter, and Sour Elizabeth, a spirifer.

There’s also George.

How could we forget about George?

You might count Mr Slowcake, even though he doesn’t technically exist.

I have found another name-bearing humanoid. Peter.