Mystery in the Fallen London wiki

I’ve been accessing the wikis a lot the past weeks, so I can rekindle my memory in relation to early stages of the game and make the comics more accurate. The thing is, I stumbled in the most curious phenomenon: every time I spend too much time, or open more than one tab of the wikis, my internet connection simply stops working. It doesn’t goes down - the wi-fi symbol is there, unchanged. However, I can’t access anything, Skype stops working, any streaming software stops working. Most of the times, closing the wiki and waiting a few minutes restores the internet to normal. Sometimes, I have to close everything and repair the connection.

At least twice, the repair option said that protocols were missing, and that’s why the internet was down. Other times, it doesn’t find anything wrong.

Has soemone ever experienced this problem when seaching in the wikis? Or am I being stalked by one of the Masters and should be worried?
edited by Professor Strix on 3/31/2016

Yeah, I get this problem all the time. The issue seems to reside with Firefox, which is my web browser of choice. When I access the wiki from Chrome it works fine.
If you use Firefox then there you go. If not you may have a different problem. Perhaps the Masters have decided to start hacking those who oppose them, rather then just brutally murdering them.
edited by The Angry Pirate on 3/31/2016

I also use Firefox and look up things on the wiki a lot, but never experienced anything like what you describe.

[quote=The Angry Pirate]Yeah, I get this problem all the time. The issue seems to reside with Firefox, which is my web browser of choice. When I access the wiki from Chrome it works fine.
If you use Firefox then there you go. If not you may have a different problem. Perhaps the Masters have decided to start hacking those who oppose them, rather then just brutally murdering them.
edited by The Angry Pirate on 3/31/2016[/quote]

Hmmm, interesting. I do use firefox. I think it’s weird that it also affects skype, instead of just firefox, but eh. Computer science is just an advanced form of shamanism, after all.

The wiki does not play well with me, either.

My theory is that the video ads all try to download and play at once and overload the connection, causing massive lag.

Hum, never had this issue with FF nor with Chrome, but I’ll take a closer look into it! :)
And even if the video adds or anything else will try to download/play shouldn’t cause this kind of problems. Can anyone with the issue give more details about their browser, version, extensions, plugins, etc?

I use Firefox, the latest version. The only extensions that are always on is a video codec installed by Mozilla itself and this one: Adobe Primetime Documentation All the others (like java or flash) only activate if I approve it.

I use no apps, no extensions and nothing else but those two things. My computer is a netbook running windows 10, if that is relevant.