My Zee Bat is broken.. or just tired?

[li]Hi so uh… first time poster. I tried to look through the forums but didn’t find anything exact to my problem, just similar.
[li]So when I use my Superma… Zee-Bat(man) to scout for ports and islands… is there something that prevents it for reporting properly and not marking my chart?
[li]Because I got just in view of an island with a port clearly visible, released the bat and her reported no island near. To clarify the whole island was darkened, no name visible in game nor on the navigation chart.
[li]On another occasions the bat reports that there is something near, but my navigation chart does not get it marked down with the bat icon.
[li]Is there some hidden mechanics to it? Statistics needed, hidden timer, direction of the bat being released in?
[li]Is he-she-it broken or just tired lazy ass bum?
[li]

[li]Thanks for any advice.

[quote=Noir_CZ][li]Hi so uh… first time poster. I tried to look through the forums but didn’t find anything exact to my problem, just similar.
[li]So when I use my Superma… Zee-Bat(man) to scout for ports and islands… is there something that prevents it for reporting properly and not marking my chart?
[li]Because I got just in view of an island with a port clearly visible, released the bat and her reported no island near. To clarify the whole island was darkened, no name visible in game nor on the navigation chart.
[li]On another occasions the bat reports that there is something near, but my navigation chart does not get it marked down with the bat icon.
[li]Is there some hidden mechanics to it? Statistics needed, hidden timer, direction of the bat being released in?
[li]Is he-she-it broken or just tired lazy ass bum?
[li]

[li]Thanks for any advice.[/quote]
[/li]

From what I have seen the bat’s accuracy is not 100%. Slowing down or stopping improves its accuracy, but it’s still really just giving you a ball-park amount.
If you think your particular bat is more broken than it’s supposed to be, feel free to submit a bug report. But bear in mind it’s only supposed to be somewhat accurate.

[li]

If you open the in-game map, you can see longitudinal lines crossing the map. The zee is actually divided into square tiles, which is more obvious in some places than others. The zee-bat will only report locations that are within the tile you’re currently in, which leads to the weird situation you’ve described where you can be staring at an island but have the bat refuse to locate it.

I don’t know about the not-getting-the-icon issue, unless it’s the case where the bat is just reporting nearby ports that you’ve already gotten the “discovery” fragments from (which theoretically are therefore already on your map, though this isn’t always the case).