My will to live(er...play) is fading.

It has been several years since I started my misadventures in the neath. I have uncovered the secrets of the of nadir, learned the language of the stars, reached as far as my hearts desire will take me, become a beloved governor across the zee, peered through the eyes of a long dead god, managed my own newspaper, and maxed all of my abilities out. I do not have the funds to become &quotexceptional&quot and with real life classes taking up my time I find myself losing interest in the game. Grinding out my connections can only take me so far, and I have no interest in the name of Mr.Eaten.

What next? I need guidance.

Have you bought a goat?

I would like a goat, but won’t be able to finance one before I go.

Do you have a Noman tattoo? There should still be enough time to prepare to buy vast quantities of lacquer and take a shot at it.

I hit a similar block before I started doing serious goat grinding and went through a long period where I was only logging in once a week to collect my professional payment. I ended up getting pulled back in during Hallowmas and then, yes, goats and now cider.

The festivals do change periodically, so if life is getting busy, your getting bored, and being &quotexceptional&quot isn’t in the cards just casually logging in occasionally to collect payments and maybe participate in the festivals if something interesting is going on might be the best play. At the very least, it seems we’ll be getting the story of the Mayor’s rule/reign of terror through the seasonal events. If you want to collect resources, I’ve always found building up casing to spend on Thefts of a Particular character is a profitable way to sink a bunch of actions quickly.

Talking to the other players (RP scenes) seems like a pretty endless source of fun. If you haven’t tried that yet, it is a real pleasure.

Feel free to send me a coffee, or chess request.

Hannah did say on twitter that this year’s Hallowmas is supposed to be all sorts of deliciously new stuff, so there’s that.

[quote=Koenig]It has been several years since I started my misadventures in the neath. I have uncovered the secrets of the of nadir, learned the language of the stars, reached as far as my hearts desire will take me, become a beloved governor across the zee, peered through the eyes of a long dead god, managed my own newspaper, and maxed all of my abilities out. I do not have the funds to become &quotexceptional&quot and with real life classes taking up my time I find myself losing interest in the game. Grinding out my connections can only take me so far, and I have no interest in the name of Mr.Eaten.

What next? I need guidance.[/quote]

Maybe you should consider a hiatus. Don’t deactivate your account, but don’t play it for awhile. Deal with school, let time pass and maybe new free content will be added. Or perhaps after a pause you’ll look at what is there now with new eyes.

[quote=Teaspoon]Have you bought a goat?

I would like a goat, but won’t be able to finance one before I go.[/quote]
I have an Ubergoat now, though I never want to grind like that again.

[quote=An Individual]Do you have a Noman tattoo? There should still be enough time to prepare to buy vast quantities of lacquer and take a shot at it.

I hit a similar block before I started doing serious goat grinding and went through a long period where I was only logging in once a week to collect my professional payment. I ended up getting pulled back in during Hallowmas and then, yes, goats and now cider.

The festivals do change periodically, so if life is getting busy, your getting bored, and being &quotexceptional&quot isn’t in the cards just casually logging in occasionally to collect payments and maybe participate in the festivals if something interesting is going on might be the best play. At the very least, it seems we’ll be getting the story of the Mayor’s rule/reign of terror through the seasonal events. If you want to collect resources, I’ve always found building up casing to spend on Thefts of a Particular character is a profitable way to sink a bunch of actions quickly.[/quote]

All good idea’s, albeit ones I can’t really do currently.

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=Koenig]It has been several years since I started my misadventures in the neath. I have uncovered the secrets of the of nadir, learned the language of the stars, reached as far as my hearts desire will take me, become a beloved governor across the zee, peered through the eyes of a long dead god, managed my own newspaper, and maxed all of my abilities out. I do not have the funds to become &quotexceptional&quot and with real life classes taking up my time I find myself losing interest in the game. Grinding out my connections can only take me so far, and I have no interest in the name of Mr.Eaten.

What next? I need guidance.[/quote]

Maybe you should consider a hiatus. Don’t deactivate your account, but don’t play it for awhile. Deal with school, let time pass and maybe new free content will be added. Or perhaps after a pause you’ll look at what is there now with new eyes.[/quote]
Aye, that may be a good idea.
edited by Koenig on 9/2/2016

I recently returned from a long hiatus, so i haven’t done this yet. I assume it’s a Christmas event, but what should I do to prepare for it?

You may try this thread and the links from Mirrorhouse’s post.
Cheers!

Never deactivate an account. All it does is bring extraordinary inconvenience and misery to other players.

Like… Influence.

This is usually when players make a second account, to revisit old content with a better grasp of the lore. that said, i don’t know if you want to do that, it’s just what most of the players here seem to do.

I recently returned from a long hiatus, so i haven’t done this yet. I assume it’s a Christmas event, but what should I do to prepare for it?[/quote]
A Noman tattoo is a long, complicated, and expensive ordeal. It requires first grinding up great quantities of Storm-Threnodies, Night-Whispers, and Vials of Tears of the Bazaar. At Christmas, it requires buying many Unusual Pails of So-Called Snow, minmaxing to raise Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre to 15+, then obtaining a Noman in the last couple days of January, when they are most expensive. After that, it is a matter of optimally using the snow and Tears to raise PtPT: ToL, using that to increase Noman’s Friend, and repeating over and over before the snow melts. Then you hope you got enough Noman’s Friend for the Noman to survive weeks of melting (which increase in amount each year) until partway through February, when the Noman tattoo becomes available.

It used to be that the only Noman tattoo was a regular tattoo so anyone with two tattoos would have to pay Fate to reset them. As of the latest Feast of the Exceptional Rose, there’s a special tattoo quality which anyone with a surviving Noman can get.

Making an alt to play through Seeking Mr Eaten has been how I’ve spent almost all my time since my main has done it all.

Holidays are also fun, so you may want to drop in for those. Hallowmass is supposed to be different this year. And that’ll be a good chance to check if any other new free content has dropped.