Mr Wines' Christmas Toast!

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)]To the wicked and the wise! To the hungry and the sharp![/color]

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)]To the shivering wretches of the Flit, and the lofty lords of the Palace![/color]

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)]To the tamers of the wild Unterzee, the defenders of the true word, and the creators of new life![/color]

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)]To those most delicious of friends, ridden by savage desire! To the rake’s scream, the laudanum-call, the harlot’s pity![/color]

[color=rgb(34, 34, 34)]And above all, to lies and secrets. Delicious holes in the world! Guard them well, for their uncovering will undo us all. To secrets and lies![/color]

raises a glass of Morelway’s First Sporing from her fading-couch I’ll drink to that.

“Hear hear! Break open a bottle of '68, Martin, and let us toast to our future. While we’re at it, pour a thimble for little Sam too. It might help him recover from that expedition in the sack, poor dear.”

Chin ! says the gentleman in the red waistcoat, raising his glass of wine To mysteries !

I would give a toast, but I’m afraid I’ve already given my bottle of '68 to your esteemed colleague Mr Sacks. I hope you don’t mind.

But yes. To secrets and mysteries.

To love and loss!

raises a glass of Broken Giant hear hear, Mr. Wines! And a delicious Christmastide to all…

Indeed, I’ll raise a glass of Morelways '72 to lies and secrets. May the coming year be profitable for us all.
edited by T.W.O. Chandler on 12/24/2011

[color=#222222]And may each and every one of us give the Masters their due![/color]

lifts half-drained absinthe bottle Secrets and mysteries and the quests to solve them. Also to the urchins with no parents, who still find the time to steal and give me absinthe.

Raises glass. To honey-dreams and the secrets we find within, and to walking the knife-edge of insanity!

Lucky occurrence, I had a spare bottle of '68. To the empty glasses!

Slainte! Sips a bit the Morelways 1872 To the ending of a season and the beginning of the next!

Raises a glass To the continued prosperity of the Bazaar and the 'Neath!

To lies and secrets!
May all know the truth of them!

Now, which of you fine gentlemen, ladies or unaffiliated will grant me the honor of the first dance?

The pleasure would be mine, dear heart – and I am ever pursuing pleasure.

What else should one pursue? sweeps to her feet for the opening waltz