Morelways

I’m grinding my way up to a tear of the bazaar

I need some more cellars of wine but have run out of Morelways. Apart from the portly sommellier opportunity card what are the good ways to grind some?

The affair of the box grind is a good source, so is one of the options in the velocipede squad.

I highly recommend the velocipede squad carousel.

Morelways, specifically, can be gotten mainly from upcrafting the cheap wines. If you are expecting to go to the Tomb Colonies soon, you can also trade in your Tomb Lion at the Labrynth of Tigers using only Toadstools.

It’s certainly less efficient to get Cellars of Wine by upconverting all the way from cheap wines. The Velocipede Squad and Affair of the Box are good ways to get the materials for Cellars; I did the math recently and AotB is very slightly faster.

On the other hand, Velocipede Squad lets you level your main stats if they’re not yet capped.

Also depending on your watchful level the occasional expedition in the forgotten corner is a great way to bypass the wine grinding and get aitrags, with a little bit of luck of course.

Granted I am not certain how effective this is now post docks update, as the cost of the expeditions can be very pricey now.

And of course, there’s the Plated Seal run, which is time consuming but useful if you’re going to Zee anyway

[quote=Koenig]Also depending on your watchful level the occasional expedition in the forgotten corner is a great way to bypass the wine grinding and get aitrags, with a little bit of luck of course.

Granted I am not certain how effective this is now post docks update, as the cost of the expeditions can be very pricey now.[/quote]

Rather than going into the math (unless of course, you’re interested…), expeditions are now more profitable/efficient, but can be done less frequently.

Expedition Airag is a useful supplement, but probably not a suitable dedicated source unless you’re feeling very patient indeed.

Affair of the Box can help with stats too. Well, Shadowy.

[quote=Wiwo][quote=Koenig]Also depending on your watchful level the occasional expedition in the forgotten corner is a great way to bypass the wine grinding and get aitrags, with a little bit of luck of course.

Granted I am not certain how effective this is now post docks update, as the cost of the expeditions can be very pricey now.[/quote]

Rather than going into the math (unless of course, you’re interested…), expeditions are now more profitable/efficient, but can be done less frequently.

Expedition Airag is a useful supplement, but probably not a suitable dedicated source unless you’re feeling very patient indeed.[/quote]
eh, when i was grinding i was getting 2-3 a week usually. I estimate that if you’re willing to spend money like water- in which case your average epa will still be positive, but so low that that doesn’t matter- you can be set-up for a 20 supply expedition in 8 actions, and do it in 10, if &quota sign&quot doesn’t show up in time to make things 1 action simpler. given that out of 160 results 21 are airag, it’s about one airag every 137 actions- only the actual numbers will be a little better over time, as &quota sign&quot is being ignored, but can shave off an action of using supplies and at least one action of gathering supplies, every time it shows up.

If you’re willing to spend REAL money like water, it’s even easier - there are four about equally likely outcomes from the Gallery of Serpents, one of which gives an Airag and one of which gives Tears. Plus there’s the really helpful Ophidian Gentleman event.

can someone tell me the name of the storylet from the velocipede squad which pays morelways? I haven’t found it having done all the options available to me: I haven’t done the fate unlocked option and I have too high a Union Sympathiser trait to use another

The Velocipede squad riot option pays in Broken Giant - the step below cellars of wine in the wines conversion.

If you are trying to get cellars it is probably more efficient to work on getting something higher up the conversion chain than morelways.

The relevant reward storylet is Riots in Watchmaker’s Hill! with Riding the Savage Cobbles 7.

[quote=lady ciel ]The Velocipede squad riot option pays in Broken Giant - the step below cellars of wine in the wines conversion.

If you are trying to get cellars it is probably more efficient to work on getting something higher up the conversion chain than morelways.[/quote]

No, Box is marginally faster than Velocipede for Cellars - and gives Correspondence Plaques as a bonus.

Another good option for wine is the Repentant Forger challenge on the Rooftop Shack opportunity card (The High Castle). Success grants 1 Broken Giant and 50 Greyfields 1882, and failure gives you +1 CP of Acquaintance: Repentant Forger. (At Acquaintance 9, it’s a 100% challenge.)

[quote=Darkroot][quote=lady ciel ]The Velocipede squad riot option pays in Broken Giant - the step below cellars of wine in the wines conversion.

If you are trying to get cellars it is probably more efficient to work on getting something higher up the conversion chain than morelways.[/quote]

No, Box is marginally faster than Velocipede for Cellars - and gives Correspondence Plaques as a bonus.[/quote]
Note that it’s only VERY slightly faster. The main advantage is the Plaques.

The Correspondence Plaques depend on which side of the Box you take. That is the slightly more profitable route. But the question I was answering was about the option on the Velocipede Squad that gave wine.