More Shipyards?

Is there anywhere other than London where you can buy a ship?
If not will there ever be unique ships at different ports like
Khan’s Shadow for strange modified versions of ships
Khan’s Heart or Glory for Khanate Ships
Chelonite for Chelonian style ships
Maybe a weird mushroom ship at the Uttershroom after helping blemmigans
Pirate Ships from Gaiders Mourn
Etc Maybe something from Pigmote if you make them independant (With a unique blue scintillak lamp?), The Fathomking’s Hold, and Visage?

Ive always found it weird I cant seem to find anywhere else to upgrade my ship other than London

The only other ship I’ve found was the reward for the last curator’s quest.

There is a steam-yacht available in Venderbight late in the game. (One of the rewards for the Curator’s quest.)

{edit: Damn! Ninja’d by Suincide. Well played Suinicide! Well played… }

edited by absimiliard on 10/24/2016

[quote=absimiliard]There is a steam-yacht available in Venderbight late in the game. (One of the rewards for the Curator’s quest.)

{edit: Damn! Ninja’d by Suincide. Well played Suinicide! Well played… }

edited by absimiliard on 10/24/2016[/quote]

Unfortunately, it’s not that great of a ship. The stat bonuses would be nice if it didn’t mean sacrificing forward gun slot, meaning you can’t use your Momento Mori you almost certainly have long before then. It’s a rather disappointing reward for the longest quest in the game. It’s why I pretty much always go with the moth.
edited by Scienceandponies on 10/24/2016

Can you pass on ships to your next captain? If not, then the deed might be helpful to give your next character a little boost in the early game.

If they ever want to add another Shipyard I’d recommend Khan’s Heart, but only available if the Khanates Supremacy wins out.
edited by Anne Auclair on 10/25/2016

I would be really cool to have 2-3 particular ships in game avaible at certain port after some requirements are met.

I would also be cool if they could “fix” the ship-boarding mechanic, it will add a bit more of variety at combats, that in the long run became really boring.

Ship boarding mechanic?

If you kill the crew of an enemy ship (or neutral one) to 0, you could have a different interaction.

Unfortunately, it’s kinda broken as it is:

1. It’s unrealistic to be able to (you need to use crap weapons, lower your irons at the least possibile and beeing extremily lucky OR, mod the game)
  2. For all the Zubmariner’s ship/zubmarine, you have not interaction at all, so if you end up lowering their crew to zero, you have just a “dead” zubmarin but you could not interact with it.

If piracy’s going to be big the neutral trade ships have got to stop disappearing at random :P

Well, if not, it will be surely a big challenge :D

More ships would be nice, but what about a private shipyard? So you don’t have to decide between the Frigate or the Cargo Ship or the Steam Yacht (I wanna try it but it’s so bad by the time you get it). Because the problem with other ships is that nothing really can beat the Frigate in terms of weight, cargo hold, crew capacity and firepower capabilities

Then again, regulations do say you can only have one ship at a time and you must sell the old one, so maybe a private shipyard outside of London…
edited by stylesrj on 10/25/2016

I like one ship at a time, it forces you to decide what you really want to do.

And the Cargo Cruiser is far superior to the Frigate in terms of trade capacity.

[quote=Anne Auclair]I like one ship at a time, it forces you to decide what you really want to do.

And the Cargo Cruiser is far superior to the Frigate in terms of trade capacity.[/quote]

Except that you need to survive in order to trade :P

I have bitter memories of going North and taking on a Lifeberg with the Cargo Ship. Their turning circles had been updated…

Overall though, I think the Frigate is the best ship if you want everything done without having to spend half your fuel and supplies leaving port (Dreadnought) plus the ability to use the Forward Gun is good as well.
But it’d be nice to have an option to switch between ships without having to break the bank in doing so or to try out those mysterious ships in other ports.
Like that Steam Yacht. Don’t want to trade in the Frigate for it but it’d be nice to have it in a collection or something.