More marriage options?

Dubois Maelstrom? - It’d be a lovely round trip … I’ll get my coat.
edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 11/26/2015

I think Port Carnelian would be a great place for a holiday if you are in goof with the locals.

But yeah, a honeymoon would be nice.

These are all wonderful ideas, though I’m not sure if I would get married even if they were to be introduced to the game. I want to, yes, however none of the current (non fate locked and NPC) options are of any interest to me. I wish there was a bit more diversity amongst the characters. Perhaps a non white option such as that admiral (whose name is currently slipping my mind). There are plenty of diverse faces in the Neath and yet we are confined to marrying only a handful of cookie cutter characters should we be averse to making unions with other players.

Alas, we cannot marry ANY NPC. Fate-locked or otherwise. That is MY wish - to be able to experience the journey and grinding towards the best wedding ever with a NPC.

Having gotten married very young (probably the third thing I did as a POSI), it’s the card which counts. You know, the one which now gives criminal favors and diamonds… So as someone who doesn’t know, there isn’t anything you do once you’re married, right?

While “spouse” is the one space on my equipment screen(s) I choose to leave blank, since the only BDR-relevant choice is not one I choose to embrace, it seems a heavy thing to allow a player to COMMIT their character to somebody who for whom their affections might wane, or who might up and leave them for the Surface, though never releasing them from their vows.

At the same time, it’s quite an interesting feeling when I grow fond of reading somebody’s posts, only for a quick glance at their profile to confirm that she’s “married.” A vague sense of “well, I suppose that’s to be expected,” with the knowledge that they are not to be pursued. That feeling would be hard to replace fully in a world with divorce.

And it makes sense that certain figures in the Neath would be keen on the institution of marriage.

Fun fact, getting a Boneless Consort only costs about 20 Fate. I can’t go into details because Fate spoilers, but yeah.