Modding on a Mac

How does one access the steam files on a mac computer? There are some really cool looking mods out there (especially that clockwork oracle thing, and the persistent Aestival kingdom mod) and I want to mod my game as much as possible so I don’t get bored after a while because I really like this game so much and wow this is such a run on sentence the creators of this game would be horrified at my grammar.

1 Like

Ooh! Ooh! My specialty!* :D[li]

Steam files on Mac OS X are located under your home directory, in /Users/<your username here>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/

Once you’re in the directory the structure is the same as it is on the PC.

If you’re not familiar with digging into the Library folder, it’s hidden by default in recent releases of the operating system (since 2011 or so). In the Finder, open the &quotGo&quot menu at the top of the screen and hold down Option to bring up a quick link to the Library folder. You can also use the &quotGo to Folder…&quot item in the same menu (keyboard shortcut: shift-command-G) and copy the following into the dialog that pops up:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps

And you’ll pop right there.

*i spent three years working frontline tech support at an Apple reseller, I did a lot of this >_>

1 Like

Thank you my good man, I’ve always had trouble modding Steam games that don’t come with the mod support function in the workshop.

Welp, that didn’t work. I don’t know what to do when I actually get into the folder. When I click on Sunless Sea, a folder opens up with nothing in it except for the game itself. I think my Mac just doesn’t want me changing anything after that one time when I tried to delete all of my Minecraft files and messed up the entire system.

the steam folder doesn’t have any of the files - they’re up a level under /application support/unity failbetter sunless sea. (ALSO the downloading of apple el capitan does the ‘delete all your save files’ thing again, so if you were thinking of that you should. definitely copy your saves into another folder)[li]

1 Like

Does anyone know how to mod on a Mac? I can’t find the correct folder for GOG. =/
edited by Dansbodhi on 2/6/2019
edited by Dansbodhi on 2/6/2019

If anyone figures this out I’d love to know. The difficulty settings in Sunless Skies are letting me enjoy the game at my existing level of patience/dexterity; I could seriously use something to take the drag out of Sunless Seas too. I’ve heard there’s a mod to speed up the ship, which would be great as I smash ships up often from falling asleep.
edited by chalgato on 2/28/2019