[Mod] a warehouse to store items in London

Updated 8/18/2015

Latest version can be found always at : Releases · CodeAndLoathing/ssmod-londonwarehouse · GitHub

Latest version : Release 2015-08-18-alpha · CodeAndLoathing/ssmod-londonwarehouse · GitHub
(Now with more items supported)
This is a proof of concept version of the mod.
It adds a new menu in London (Wolfstack Docks) where you can buy and sell your warehouse.

• currently 1 echo to buy/sell the warehouse[/li][li]currently 17 item types can be stored/retrieved[/li][li]WolfStack Docks menu to show your warehouse as a shop (hiding the regular shops) or deactivate it to return to the normal shops.

Currently it’s not possible to cap the amount of an item (such as fuel) that can be stored. At least, I couldn’t figure out a way.
Need feedback in terms of functionality and what would be appropriate, balanced pricing? What items should be supported for storage?
EDIT: you’ll have to extract the zip and copy the cnl-warehouse folder inside your addons folder to install. so it should look like /addons/cnl-warehouse/entities if done correctly. the new addons folder doesn’t support images so if you want to see images you’ll have to copy the images from the addon folder to /images/sn/icons/
edited by codeandloathing on 8/19/2015

sunless sea warehouse mod - Album on Imgur - gallery of how it works

also updated release to not require 10,000 echoes prior to showing you the option to purchase the warehouse.

In short - the way it works is that when you switch to the &quotYour warehouse&quot shop you can for example, sell 1 fuel for 1 stored fuel, or buy fuel for 1 stored fuel. ie, you use the shop interface to convert fuel to stored fuel or vica versa. You can see your current inventory of stored items (just fuel for now) under Hold / Curiosities.
edited by codeandloathing on 8/17/2015
edited by codeandloathing on 8/17/2015

[quote=codeandloathing]Release 2015-08-17-alpha · CodeAndLoathing/ssmod-londonwarehouse · GitHub

This is a proof of concept version of the mod.
It adds a new menu in London (Wolfstack Docks) where you can buy and sell your warehouse. Currently only 1 echo to buy / sell, and only a single item can be stored (fuel). Upon purchase, you can activate your warehouse from the Wolfstack Docks menu to show your warehouse as a shop (hiding the regular shops) or deactivate it to return to the normal shops.
Currently it’s not possible to cap the amount of an item (such as fuel) that can be stored. At least, I couldn’t figure out a way.
Need feedback in terms of functionality and what would be appropriate, balanced pricing? What items should be supported for storage?
EDIT: you’ll have to extract the zip and copy the cnl-warehouse folder inside your addons folder to install. so it should look like /addons/cnl-warehouse/entities if done correctly. the new addons folder doesn’t support images so if you want to see images you’ll have to copy the images from the addon folder to /images/sn/icons/[/quote]
People were asking for this even last November during Early Access and obviously it was never implemented for some strange reason. I’m glad you plan on modding it in.

I think it should be a maximum of 10 items whereas any items in your hold can be stored. The more space your warehouse uses the more expensive storing additional items becomes. I’m not sure on the exact numbers but that’s probably a good way of doing it.
edited by Atom Stratomsk on 8/19/2015

Excellent! downloads

I would guess that Shops don’t check quality caps, only story events do. Hmm. I like the simplicity of using the shop interface, but I can’t see a way to enforce a limit on how much you can store (whether total or per-item). At least not until Failbetter adds item caps to shops.

Apart from passengers, of course?? :P

In particular I would use it to store fuel, supplies, mushroom wine, honey, and perhaps coffee (goods that have a variety of uses & trades).

added a new release with storage for an additional 16 item types.

not currently but it should be possible though.

Definitely want to be able to store the craftable auxiliary items, since they’re all needed for the Zong of the Zee but you can only equip one at a time. Also things like scintillack that the Venturer might want, but doesn’t yet, or fluke cores and other stuff you know you’ll need later but right now is just taking up hold space.

I think it should cost about as much as the Elegant Townhouse, so, 1000 echoes?

Anyway, this is great, thank you!

Ahhhh, been wanting this ever since I first got my hands on the game. Good work, and much obliged!