Mobile Concerns

First off, thank you so much for making this game available on the App Store, Failbetter, or else I and many others would never have discovered this true gem.

With that said, I wish to express some concerns about the differences between the browser experience and the mobile. By perusing the wiki, I discovered that the conclusions to multiple notable storylets give out a point of Fate or two, coming to a respectable tally of around 17 or 20. Despite having completed almost all these storylets (POSI, been everywhere except NORTH in the Zee) I have not a single point of Fate to my name, which saddens me greatly :(

My query is, will solely mobile players, such as myself, ever receive compensation (I hesitate to use the word, since it is very generous of FBG to allow us F2P leeches any premium currency in the first place) for the Fate available to your older desktop audience? Thank you for your consideration :)

P.S. This is less of a concern to me, but my TtH came today and said that Notability has not changed because it is lower than 5, but it went from 2 to 1 anyway. Is this a bug?

[quote=ExceptionallyDelicious]P.S. This is less of a concern to me, but my TtH came today and said that Notability has not changed because it is lower than 5, but it went from 2 to 1 anyway. Is this a bug?[/quote]If it really happened like that it’s definitely a bug and you should report it to support@failbettergames.com

Also, the staff don’t read everything posted on the forums, so if you don’t get an answer to your Fate-query here, maybe ask it again under feedback@failbettergames.com ;)
edited by phryne on 7/27/2016

[quote=phryne][quote=ExceptionallyDelicious]P.S. This is less of a concern to me, but my TtH came today and said that Notability has not changed because it is lower than 5, but it went from 2 to 1 anyway. Is this a bug?[/quote]If it really happened like that it’s definitely a bug and you should report it to support@failbettergames.com

Also, the staff don’t read everything posted on the forums, so if you don’t get an answer to your Fate-query here, maybe ask it again under feedback@failbettergames.com ;)
edited by phryne on 7/27/2016[/quote]

Thank you! I probably should have done that first, but I wasn’t sure if others had experienced this as well so I just came to the forums. Will do!

I can’t help with the Fate thing, but your Tth problem is definitely a bug, presumably related to the recent server hiccough. I have it too - I think it’s being looked at as we speak.

Ok great. Thanks for the confirmation!

[quote=ExceptionallyDelicious]First off, thank you so much for making this game available on the App Store, Failbetter, or else I and many others would never have discovered this true gem.

With that said, I wish to express some concerns about the differences between the browser experience and the mobile. By perusing the wiki, I discovered that the conclusions to multiple notable storylets give out a point of Fate or two, coming to a respectable tally of around 17 or 20. Despite having completed almost all these storylets (POSI, been everywhere except NORTH in the Zee) I have not a single point of Fate to my name, which saddens me greatly :([/quote]

I heard that the freee fate will appears if you log in with the browser version! xD

The total free Fate in the game is a bit less than you think, however (but not a lot).

[quote=Sandi Gummy][quote=ExceptionallyDelicious]First off, thank you so much for making this game available on the App Store, Failbetter, or else I and many others would never have discovered this true gem.

With that said, I wish to express some concerns about the differences between the browser experience and the mobile. By perusing the wiki, I discovered that the conclusions to multiple notable storylets give out a point of Fate or two, coming to a respectable tally of around 17 or 20. Despite having completed almost all these storylets (POSI, been everywhere except NORTH in the Zee) I have not a single point of Fate to my name, which saddens me greatly :([/quote]

I heard that the freee fate will appears if you log in with the browser version! xD[/quote]

Really? That’s great news! Do you have any idea if it stays with your profile or only appears on the browser version?

[color=#cc0099]Hello! This is actually something we have on our list. [/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]
[color=#cc0099]Currently we’ve actually taken away the ability to gain free Fate from these storylets out of both the browser and the app. This is because we’ve started updating some legacy bits in the code as we work on bringing the game to mobile, which allows everything to work more efficiently. Eventually it should be added back into both browser and mobile. Also, there are actually very few storylets that reward free Fate.[/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]
[color=#cc0099]Hope this clarifies![/color]

[quote=Absintheuse][color=#cc0099]Hello! This is actually something we have on our list. [/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]
[color=#cc0099]Currently we’ve actually taken away the ability to gain free Fate from these storylets out of both the browser and the app. This is because we’ve started updating some legacy bits in the code as we work on bringing the game to mobile, which allows everything to work more efficiently. Eventually it should be added back into both browser and mobile. Also, there are actually very few storylets that reward free Fate.[/color]
[color=#cc0099]
[/color]
[color=#cc0099]Hope this clarifies![/color][/quote]

Indeed it does! Thank you for responding, and Godspeed with all your coding endeavors!

[quote=Sandi Gummy]

I heard that the freee fate will appears if you log in with the browser version! xD[/quote]