Missing/Incomplete Plot Threads (Spoilers)

[quote=Mukuro][quote=SporksAreGoodForYou]-Chapel of Lights is missing several interactions.
Which ones?[/quote]

The Wiki lists an option to attend a service at the chapel for Terror reduction, and also a &quotBring people from other islands on Pilgrimages&quot option. That may just be a vestigial thing related to explaining how they keep their food so Rich and Red, though…[/quote]
Well, these interactions exist, but they aren’t visible to anyone who doesn’t have the Key of Histories, so I’m not sure why they are in the wiki. Probably for more content coming in the future. Might be related to the Ascetic Monkey on Mutton Island, since there’s also a note: &quotEspecially from Mutton Island&quot on the second one.

The text for the chapel service especially is very Eateny. Even moreso than the usual Chapel of Lights stuff. But it’s also nowhere near fully implemented. The Terror reduction and stuff is supposed to come at the end of a series of Pages tests. I won’t say more.

The Wiki people just being thorough, I guess. I’m, shall we say, hungry for more interactions at the Chapel of Lights…

[spoiler]There are, basically, three outcomes to the Deviless story, and the one where she visits you at your lodgings is the longest.

1: You pass word between her and the Embassy, and either don’t get independent verification, or your verification confirms she’s telling the truth (I -think- these play out the same.) You then ferry her to London, and afterwards she visits you. You can say one of four different things to her, including offering to take her back to Mt Palmerston, but there’s no ultimate difference in the story. She leaves, and you never see her again.

2: You pass word between her and the Embassy, and then get independent verification which reveals she’s a traitor. You take her to the Embassy, who take her prisoner. The Embassy pay you, and you never see the Deviless again.

3: You pass word between her and the Embassy, and then get independent verification which reveals she’s a traitor. You warn the Deviless that they’re on to her when you visit her at Mt Palmerston, and she pays you. You never see her again.[/spoiler]

Got it, that makes sense. Updated the original post to remove that bit. Thank you.

Doesn’t Storm’s curse increase the game’s generation chance on actually triggering various storms and fog?

I thought that was the general effect. That you are nearly always stuck in &quotsnow&quot, wax, or fog.

I have NO idea what Stone’s curse does though.

Also, on weather . . . anyone kind of wish they tossed in the Glim &quotrain&quot as a possible weather effect? I thought the storylet in Fallen London about how it rarely rains glim on land and how sailors would go out to collect it for luck was pretty cool.

Maybe it could be the one beneficial weather effect in the game? Slowing terror growth by one step while in it, and possible triggering a storylet to grab some glim when you sail through it. But it would have a very low chance of ever occurring compared to the other types.
edited by MisterGone on 3/4/2015

Thanks, updated.

Both of those require the key of histories. Which is a dev item used to indicate it’s not live.

edit: Arg, sorry, didn’t see page 2 and that Gregg had already explained.

Also, the other outcome for the wistful devilless (although, it’s not really an outcome, more of an exploit) is to just leave her in a state where you can endlessly farm brimstone buzzings.
edited by SporksAreGoodForYou on 3/4/2015

Tedious that the Carnelian Exile story isn’t completable yet - it’s pretty anti-climatic to be following an exciting story, with a lot of momentum, and then find “this option is not currently available”.

That story is actually complete, those options are impossible in the “you can’t do this because it’s not the correct option” sense, rather than “this isn’t finished yet”. The tooltip is maybe slightly misleading, because a whole lot of people seem to have reached the same conclusion, but you can totally complete the Exaltation ambition right now.

Huh! That’s interesting, thanks for the info! Really odd that the developers have chosen the &quotImpossible&quot indicator, since it’s (in Fallen London) only ever used to indicate things that aren’t currently possible, but will be in future. Perhaps worth changing to the greyed out option that’s used in every other case in Sunless Sea? Also, all of the options at Irem are marked &quotimpossible&quot, so perhaps it’s a different kind of bug/

[spoiler]There are, basically, three outcomes to the Deviless story, and the one where she visits you at your lodgings is the longest.

1: You pass word between her and the Embassy, and either don’t get independent verification, or your verification confirms she’s telling the truth (I -think- these play out the same.) You then ferry her to London, and afterwards she visits you. You can say one of four different things to her, including offering to take her back to Mt Palmerston, but there’s no ultimate difference in the story. She leaves, and you never see her again.

2: You pass word between her and the Embassy, and then get independent verification which reveals she’s a traitor. You take her to the Embassy, who take her prisoner. The Embassy pay you, and you never see the Deviless again.

3: You pass word between her and the Embassy, and then get independent verification which reveals she’s a traitor. You warn the Deviless that they’re on to her when you visit her at Mt Palmerston, and she pays you. You never see her again.[/spoiler][/quote]

I had #1, and I have to admit I was sad to see her go…

Mimicking the Khanate equivalent, the Whalebale token could be used for Yo Oldie’s Skeletoon, or to guarantee a safe tour for both yout Tomb-Colonists and Storm’s view on you.

Funny thing about the Deviless: Since you can hold more than one of her information’s qualities, wether she’s a traitor or not will be decided by the roll you get when giving the last one you have to the embassy. And since you can’t get more once she’s on-board, you can be told she’s telling the truth, go get her, give the embassy another information, be told NOW THAT SHE’S THERE that she’s a taitor, and then look at her awkwardly before turning her in.

I should’ve given that last one to sunglasses…