Message to everyone who likes the lampcats/coral: WINNING IS BAD. (Spoilers)

I don’t know how many of you are supporting the lampcats or the principles of coral because you like them. But if you are… you don’t want to.

If you go look at the clues, it becomes very evident that the tigers are deliberately avoiding winning, and that they see victory as something absolutely terrible.

We don’t know what’s down there, but we DO know it’s bad for anyone that wins. So if you like the lampcats, DON’T SUPPORT THEM! If they win, they will probably be eaten or posessed or something.

Take it from someone who made the mistake of supporting the bohemians before learning this news. You don’t WANT the lampcats to win. Winning bad.

13 Likes

Don’t listen to this madman!
There is no greater glory, past or contemporary, than to be victorious in the Coilheart Games! Have you been to the opening ceremony? Have you heard the Tiger Keeper? Have you seen him?!

He is probably a Koloman supporter undermining the integrity of the whole tournament. Those surfacers should have never been allowed to compete in a prestigious battle of skills in the neath. Besmirching the reputation not only of our striped hosts, but also of the monumental event we are allowed to witness. Go back upstairs, if you can’t win with proper cheating, you ungrateful heliophiles!

6 Likes

I will have you know that I have been supporting the tigers this event. After all, if “there is no greater glory then to be victorious in the coilheart games”, then surely the tigers deserve a share of that glory?

For real though, I “support” the tigers because they plan to screw over a faction I like, so they can join them.

8 Likes

The domestic factions will win.

Sciences = Tomb Colonies
Imagination = Bohemian
Intellect = Rubbery (Coral)
Body = ???

5 Likes

Listen; my logic is as follows: We FLPCs will somehow find our way into the climactic opening of the Sixth coil, that much is almost inevitable. Then, we’ll probably have a big dramatic showdown with whatever spooky creature lies within, and said big dramatic showdown will likely involve all of the winning factions. As such, I’d really like for my Principle friends to be one of our allies in the big dramatic showdown.

6 Likes

I can understand that logic at least, but counterpoint: you are playing a gamble that you might not win in the hopes you can stop what’s in there. If you can’t, you just sent your favorite faction to their doom.

4 Likes

As an exceptional London inhabitant I need to point out, that it’s not megalomania, if one does always come out on top.

6 Likes

I think you underestimate just how much narrativium I mix into my muesli every morning.

6 Likes

This might be a “No. Not Even You” Situation though.

1 Like

Two reasons to support the Tigers: support the bigger cats; give the Court a taste of its own medicine.

2 Likes

Did you miss the part where FBG said “hey, no apocalypse this year guys. We get it, we also have apocalypse fatigue!”? Because somehow, to my mind, having characters like Lettice the Mercy, a bunch of lampcats and the entire bohemian art conglomeration die a horrible death is fundamentally apocalypse level horror.

I could be wrong and FBG could have lied or mislead us! But with the information that we have I am just not worried about this at all.

10 Likes

“Non apocalyptic” does not mean “safe.” There are a perfectly normal level amount of dangers in the neath that could very well still apply. Posesssion by fingerkings, ate by a stone pig to be kept asleep, sacrificing the winners for some other goal… All perfectly “non apocalyptic”.

2 Likes

I don’t think it likely that beloved characters will actually get eaten in the event. There’s probably some kind of surprising turn of events still upcoming. I also think we don’t really know everything yet and if consuming murder mysteries has taught me anything, it is that when you seem to find out the truth at a midway point, it is usually a red herring or just the first layer of lies peeled. That being said, my character doesn’t have such meta knowledge and to them it would feel weird in universe to first talk with huffam about what the tigers are up to, then try to warn london about the sinister undercurrent of the competition and then still continue supporting my favourite team. Me the player though, I want the tigers to win, because I think theirs would be the most revelatory reaction to it, and I want to dissect it for clues. (Second would probably be the khanate, who at least seem to THINK, they know what’s in the labyrinth and have some kind of a plan)

6 Likes

Of course it’s not safe. What’s safe in the Neath?

But all shall be well in the end.

Or non-apocalyptic at least.

9 Likes

My character’s current attitude towards the Tigers can be summed up by where the third Tournament is taking place. Hence trying to make them win.

2 Likes

I would also like to point out that certain citizens in here are showing A COMPLETE LACK OF FAITH IN OUR BELOVED MASTERS to keep us safe from all harm!
Shouldn’t the fact that they haven’t moved a claw about this event alone be enough to convince you there is nothing to fear?

7 Likes

Yeah I’m curious as to what they’ve been bribed with, this time as well the previous times it happened.

We might be opening Mr Spas domain, for what it’s worth. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

The use of “domestic” here raises fascinating questions about how identity is built in this fictional universe. We find ourselves in the curious situation of other-ing Surfacers (Kolomanians) and identifying with magical cats from across the Zee (lamp cats). Come to think of it, we find ourselves identifying with one type of magical cats from across the Zee against a different type of magical cats from across the Zee (tigers from the Elder Continent). How has any of this come to make sense sociologically? How strangely is Fallen London’s narrative constructed that we feel this way?

And this isn’t even delving into the meaning of the fact that the faction closest to who we are IRL (Kolomanians) seems headed for losing all tournaments, despite having maximum chances for at least one victory simply by virtue of participating in everything.

8 Likes

I just feel bad for the Khaganians. Their steady losses have made me realise that we have lots of Khaganian villains and generally shady types and not many Khaganian friends.

9 Likes