Memory of Chains

As a former Seeker I have been absolved of the Stains on my Soul and my flesh has been rent asunder and rebuilt so I am free of my Weeping Scars.

But I do not know how to free my mind of the Memories of Chains. Can any of my delicious friends here tell me if there is a known way to lose these chains?

Short answer: there isn’t currently a way to get rid of them.
edited by Barselaar on 1/18/2017

[quote=NinjaComedian]As a former Seeker I have been absolved of the Stains on my Soul and my flesh has been rent asunder and rebuilt so I am free of my Weeping Scars.

But I do not know how to free my mind of the Memories of Chains. Can any of my delicious friends here tell me if there is a known way to lose these chains?[/quote]

This intrigues me. How were you remade? How absolved of Stains? Please PM me with the answers (or at least some hints).

There are Fate locked options for both. Without going into details:

• Flint has an option to remove Stains[/li][li]Flute Street has an option to remove Scars (for extra Fate beyond the Flute Street access)

I wonder if there is a fate locked option in Mind of a Long Dead God, or will be soon, to remove Chains?

There wasn’t when I was there a few weeks ago.

I can attest, scars of the mind take the most to heal.

Perhaps if I had irigo in my own life, I could forget, or just leave the chains behind in the nadir…

Would you give up much of your stats, to leave behind all secrets, screams, and chains? Even at the cost of fate?

• Flint has an option to remove Stains[/li][li]Flute Street has an option to remove Scars (for extra Fate beyond the Flute Street access)

I really love the Flint thing. Having a story-involved way to fix myself up just really appealed to me.

While there’s nowhere to get rid of Chains, where do you think one could be? By best bet would either be the Nadir or on the card for The Bethlehem Hotel lodgings.

Both of those options seem flavorful and appropriate. I’d personally want to see it deep in the mirror marches or a state of some confusion with a very high nightmares unlock. Lots of lovely, abstract, redemptive sounding text.

Concept idea: you have to reach a nightmare level of 49 in the mirror marches to be able to remove a single Memory of Chains, thus needing to reach 49 seven times. I’ve only made it to 41, and my friend Absimiliard (http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Absimiliard%20the%20Black%20Rose) once reached even higher, though I don’t remember how high. It’d be one heck of a challenge to finally forget those pesky memories, huh?

I agree with the Mirror Marches! There are places and things there that can change a man, and what better place to rid yourself of chains that appear in your dreams?

I wouldn’t even mind if it was locked to an exceptional story like the thing with the stains. I found it much more satisfying than just buying them off would be. (like with the scars)

So the options are Fate-locked. Still, it’s good to confirm that they are there. Thanks.

I wouldn’t mind there being an ES about exploring the mind, and if you’ve done it, you unlock the option that removes chains, wherever it goes.

I both wish somebody there has solid experiance with PTSD and could do it jsutice… and wish that nobody would have it, EVER.