May's ES and Changes to EFship!

It is, and you need to make sure the bomb goes off in some way. If you do not, the toad will have no reason to become aggrieved in the first place.

~15 more hours to unlock this story!
And probably 15 more hours to get the new show!

I played the initial node of dealing with the protest, and afterwards returned to my ongoing stories, planning to return to this ES later.
I’m now looking for the continuation of the story, and I can’t find it anywhere. Am I missing something?

The protest was the free teaser storylet, iirc. Did you play the option in the Season of Endeavors to unlock the story? If not, support might be willing to unlock it for you.
edited by Optimatum on 5/30/2020

I might have missed that. D__n…

Finally got around to doing this ES (Kept having other things I was spending actions on), and I have to say I loved it. Though, I did notice one dark bit of humor I’m not sure others in the thread noticed: When returning from watching the neddy man get knocked out after refusing to help the woman, we see him get shipped off to zee and the storyline at this point plays it off as “Oh, he’s not permanently killing folks, the stories are exaggerated,” and I even have the choice of telling the forewoman this. Except… at least in this one case, the person is being shipped off to WISDOM of all places. Which, if you’ve explored it in Sunless Seas, you may know is the place where prisoners shipped off there are kept as food for the knot oracles, large toads. These toads somehow learn to speak english and gain secrets after their meals. So… I’m pretty sure that one, at least, is pretty permanently gone. Those who went to the Chelonate and Uttershroom should realize just how lucky they are.

I know I’m late, but just wanted to say that I adored this story.

It’s possibly my favourite to date.

I think my only very minor complaint is - again - there was a very natural point to gain Masters connection, but none was given; I’m not sure why FGB is so averse to giving Masters connection, when connections/renown is given out naturally and appropriately elsewhere, but it was a shame considering my character’s motivations and why they picked as they picked.

That being said, I think that was my only complaint. The story was wonderful; it’s the total antithesis to &quotFading to a Coda&quot . . . every choice mattered, but - not only did it matter - the story was so cleverly woven that every choice was legitimately hard to make. The story made me like Johnny, and it added a few little twists and turns and fleshed him out into a magnificently complex character. I knew I had to act in x way towards him, but I didn’t want to act that way, and it was enough that I was very much tempted to make a new alt to explore the other option of acting y.

The art was lovely, too, and another case of: &quotI think you need to start selling the art and using it on products, instead of the generic items in the shop, as I’d spend a small fortune happily on the artworks&quot. The other characters in the story were great, too, and also memorable; I also love the whole concept of the story itself, and the moral quandaries at play, and the ambiguity at times, too.

I’m glad I trusted the hype and bought this one. It’s beyond amazing. 11 out of 10.