May's ES and Changes to EFship!

Ooh exciting.

The season end today was my first ending to play, so I’m not sure yet if I’ll miss them.:joy:

But it sounds like the changes are going to be great- and anything that helps us get more lore and content is always a good thing.:heart:

Love all the upcoming changes, save that I am going to miss the season conclusions. They included some of the best writing in FL. Still, I understand this choice will give more creative freedom to the writers so…

I have played every exceptional story there is, save the Rubbery Murders, so I am pretty curious as to what awaits us in the new store!

Oh God, I loved that story. It was pure fun!
And… very appropriate so close to May 1st celebrations. We cannot join RL marches but we can blow a factory in Fallen London so that helped a lot.

I’ll kinda miss the season endings. They gave the exceptional stories a sense of weight, of existing in a larger world and a larger narrative. But everything has its time, I suppose.

I really loved this story - well, I am so attached to the urchins, that is no surprise!
I usually try to make everyone as happy as possible, but with this one I was super happy to pick sides and play eco-terrorist for once.
I sent the horrible woman to her (hopefully long) cruise, helped the Anarchist, blew up the factory - the whole thing. And now, I’m friends with two urchin legends! And while Johnny Croak is still no Valkyrie, well… he comes damn close. And this, from me, is a lot of praise!
edited by Phèdre Delaunay on 5/3/2020

I’m sad I didn’t send the forewomen off on a boat (I spared her from Johnny thinking I could do something terrible to her.) I also regret not having Johney be my professional frog catcher and tamer. Think of the the pets!

Sympathy. I sent her off on a boat, and felt glad to do it.

Me, I’d love to hire Johnny for my laboratory! Such knowledge he has of frogs! And, probably, of their poisons as well! He’d fit in so well.
edited by cathyr19355 on 5/4/2020

I really like this story, but a quick nitpick:

[color=000000]The &quottell J&P where the bomb is&quot choice right before the end doesn’t make it clear enough that this is you giving up on 'sploding the factory. Based on how it was written I was going to find a way to blow the bomb anyway… [/color]
edited by Wicked223 on 5/4/2020

Loved this delightful little story. I’m very curious about that lab in the basement though. Do we get to find out more about that if we go with the forewoman? I might just have to replay it if so.

This story was interesting, because it put Caroline between her rule of “always protect queer women” and “This really seeming bad, and I shouldn’t be helping it.” She wound up sparing her due to her loyalty to Sapphic Sisters alone, and the struggle was fun. Also, loved Johnny Croak. Excellent character.

I just finished this one, and enjoyed it tremendously! The text for the Rain of frogs in particular was glorious.

Johnny Croak is a fantastic character, and I hope we see more of him in the future. The boy is clearly a rising star in the fields of Cryptozoology and Kataleptic Toxicology, and I’ll hold a place open in my laboratory for him.

Oh how treacherous my character was, count the ways.

[spoiler]

1. Watched curiously as Johnny tried to shoot the Forewoman.

2. Let the Neddy Man be sent off to Zee, because, why not?

3. Promised to help arrest Johnny.

4. Robbed the anarchist of his bomb.

5. Told the Forewoman about Johnny’s plan and then threw the fake bomb she provided away.

6. Carried out the bombing with Johnny, literally lighting the fuse.

7. Took credit for the bombing and got rid of suspicion by passing blame to various acquaintances.[/spoiler]

This might be an odd question, but how do you know if you finished this story? I don’t recall finishing it. I recall the bit with the boat but then I don’t remeber if anything else happened?

Do you have a hollow crossbow bolt in your inventory? Should be in the Curiosity category.

There’s more after the boat. Did you do anything to the factory?

[quote=PSGarak]Do you have a hollow crossbow bolt in your inventory? Should be in the Curiosity category.

There’s more after the boat. Did you do anything to the factory?[/quote]

I do have the bolt. I don’t know if I did anything to the factory. I’ve had a stressful week & my mind is slipping like a goldfish. I’m not sure, because I’ve read journal entries on others profiles, so I know how it goes, but I recall if I MYSELF also did it.

Does the bolt mean I did & I’m done?

[quote=Her Ladyship The Ydell Sovereign][quote=PSGarak]Do you have a hollow crossbow bolt in your inventory? Should be in the Curiosity category.

There’s more after the boat. Did you do anything to the factory?[/quote]

I do have the bolt. I don’t know if I did anything to the factory. I’ve had a stressful week & my mind is slipping like a goldfish. I’m not sure, because I’ve read journal entries on others profiles, so I know how it goes, but I recall if I MYSELF also did it.

Does the bolt mean I did & I’m done?[/quote]

I’m gonna assume I did finish it because there are no options on the map where there should be. Or where there shouldn’t.

I’m actually not sure if the crossbow bolt is the completion token or not. I also have an Aggrieved Toad which I honestly don’t remember where I got it, but this story seems most likely.

The story quality seems to be “Frogs, Fear, and a Factory.” My value after completing it is 345, although it depends on the final choice.

[quote=PSGarak]I’m actually not sure if the crossbow bolt is the completion token or not. I also have an Aggrieved Toad which I honestly don’t remember where I got it, but this story seems most likely.

The story quality seems to be &quotFrogs, Fear, and a Factory.&quot My value after completing it is 345, although it depends on the final choice.[/quote]
The toad is a reward that you are not guaranteed to get. The bolt is the completion token.

[quote=MidnightVoyager][quote=PSGarak]I’m actually not sure if the crossbow bolt is the completion token or not. I also have an Aggrieved Toad which I honestly don’t remember where I got it, but this story seems most likely.

The story quality seems to be &quotFrogs, Fear, and a Factory.&quot My value after completing it is 345, although it depends on the final choice.[/quote]
The toad is a reward that you are not guaranteed to get. The bolt is the completion token.[/quote]

Thank you! This clears up my confusion about myself.

How do you wind up with the Aggrieved Toad? Is it a companion?