Marriage to another player?

I just started playing today with my fiance. We heard there is a way to initiate an in game relationship with other players. However, it says I need to send him a Calling Card and I haven’t seen that anywhere. I’m likely just overlooking something, but can I get a nudge in the right direction?

Calling cards are sent from Attending to Matters of Society and Scandal in your lodgings.

Thanks! I knew I was over looking something likely obvious. =]

No worries :)

After that you will need Attend to Matters of the Heart which uses Free Evenings - you will get 5 a week at the same time as your Professional Payment. You start getting those after a week or so.
edited by reveurciel on 4/23/2015

Dating in-game is both fun AND profitable. Basically, once you’ve confessed your feelings, you’ll be able to go on a variety of dates together, each of which provides Romantic Notions (handy) and occasionally other stuff. The one who takes the initiative and invites the other has a chance to earn more goodies - while the one who receives the invitation will see their ‘Quirks’ changing. (Making you more Austere, Hedonistic, Bold or Subtle, depending on the date.)

Now, proposing marriage is another matter - and can be quite expensive, if the subject is far enough into the game. Planning the wedding can take a LOT of time and resource, if you want something suitably opulent. On the other hand, it can also earn you some… interesting things, if you go all-out.

As someone with an in-game sweetheart, I merely leave you with this advice: If you want a great wedding, stockpile dead rats and Touching Love Stories. Yes, I know that’s an odd mix, but trust me, it’s the most efficient way to pull it off…

Also, you will cease being able to go on dates with your sweetheart once you marry them, for some reason, so if you’re still enjoying your uses for free evenings, put off the wedding night.

Of course, once you wed, there is nothing stopping you going on dates with people other than your spouse.

What? No, of course I don’t. I’m just saying that one could. If one wished.

[quote=Lady Eris]Of course, once you wed, there is nothing stopping you going on dates with people other than your spouse.

What? No, of course I don’t. I’m just saying that one could. If one wished.[/quote]

Dear? Is there something I should know about?

I kid, I kid of course! But Fallen London is rather flexible as a whole about personal arrangements, though the notaries will only allow one marriage per player.

Speaking of Free Evenings, how do I acquire those? <3 Tis’ the last thing I need so that I can admit my affection.

Just wait for Time to arrive.

Once a week, “Time, the Healer” will appear in your Messages. Among other treats, it will bring 5 Free Evenings.