March Exceptional Story: Shades of Yesterday

raises eybrow[/quote]heart’s racing! :D

Is there an epilogue for the story somewhere? I made the two choices and then it just… ended.

[quote=Lord Garuda]

It’s interesting that this will be the last Season. I’m curious about what will come, but I’m sure we’ll learn about it in a couple of months.[/quote]

Hannah Flynn just said that this would be the last season to function the way it does with the hubs, not that it would be the last season. Most of the changes will probably be on the back end, and it will just change how we obtain the stories a bit on our end.
edited by AbsolxGuardian on 2/29/2020

I like epilogues in an Exceptional Story, because they often provide a sense of conclusion and reflection, so I hope that they keep them, though it may be that the main characters aren’t there to discuss/reflect as with other ES’s.

Also, that has to be the deadliest game of Holi I’ve ever seen. This ES is even in the same month…

The colour fight was amazing. I love it when levity and absurdity are inserted in a drama - it has to be done tastefully but FL never had a problem with that.

Reddish-purple. Or purpley red. And also the colour of something that one cannot forget, however much one might like to, but mostly purple and red.

A lovely tight story, I think, with some solid color lore and good drama.

Reddish-purple. Or purpley red. And also the colour of something that one cannot forget, however much one might like to, but mostly purple and red.[/quote]

Violant, I would presume, would be like Surface-world violet. According to Wikipedia, it lies between blue and red in the rainbow but appears more blue than purple, which is reddish. Violet (color) - Wikipedia

Reddish-purple. Or purpley red. And also the colour of something that one cannot forget, however much one might like to, but mostly purple and red.[/quote]

Violant, I would presume, would be like Surface-world violet. According to Wikipedia, it lies between blue and red in the rainbow but appears more blue than purple, which is reddish. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violet_(color)[/quote]

I asked in regards to the ink bottle because that damn bottle frustrated me and there was just an endless argument in the discord about what color it was.

Being a major fountain pen nerd, I especially loved this story and would kind of like to have a RL version of the pen I picked.

My Al-Star is one of my favorite pens! Mine is the Pacific blue one. My favorite ink to use in it is Rohrer & Klingner’s Solferino, which is sort of fuschia-ish (and which I like to imagine is approximately violant in color, though it’s probably not red enough for that).
edited by Daisy MacRae on 3/8/2020

That was pretty good! The Entrepreneur was a fun, well fleshed-out character, and the story was well constructed. A little disappointing for the Hierophant- it essentially ended in a fight over a misunderstanding, followed by an awkward reconciliation and completion of the scheme, before they went their separate ways, with the hope that they’d see the Entrepreneur again. A perfectly sufficient ending, but you know… a little disappointing after stories like the Art of Murder that indulge my brand of whimsical villainy every step of the way. But of course, that’s a very niche complaint, and I always appreciate the introduction of a fun new character. ^_^

This story was really another strong case of “If you had approached Caroline openly a mutually agreeable deal could have been made. But you didn’t so an example must be made instead”

Still, enjoyed the story quite a bit, more than the last two certainly.

I loved this ES. I do art and have had a lot of fun figuring how how to print it, so this was right up my ally. I have always wanted to know what art would be like if it was done in Neathbow colors, so it was super fun to see a character messing around with the Neathbow in a similar manner. The color fight was very fun to read and answered a lot of questions I had about the effects of some of the less used colors in the rest of the game.

The convention aspect of this was really good. It felt like things I’ve seen at conventions before and who hasn’t wanted to sneak around a convention floor in the middle of the night when no one was there? Getting to try pens out and see the effects was hilarious. Especially that rap verse!

My only quibble with this ES is that it felt like it needed one more storylet for an epilogue. However, I felt I did get a conclusion for each of the characters, so it’s not too bad.

Ending Echoes
Restoring the fiance’s memories to how they were: Fallen London
Letting the Kaleidoscopic Entrepreneur go: Fallen London

That time when you need to make sure that you unlocked this story!

Oh hell, i clicked on option for erasing her memories and of course game crashed exactly at that moment.

I have it just here: https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Magmionify/18037026. Just in case, the name of the snippet is &quotTransgressions forgotten&quot, sinceI think I have some unpleasant spoilers of Lightfinger and the final step for becoming a Poet Laureate lurking around there.

Thank you

Only just completing this ES. Could anyone please send me a link to the echo for the options for “Talk Her Down” and “Ask Why” during the fight please? I’ve been locked out of choosing them and must end the fight now. Pfft.