Making Your Name: Becoming Persuasive

[color=#0066ff]&quotOh good! It’s you!&quot A Prospective Novelist stands on a chair and bellows at you over the Singing Mandrake’s cheerful din.

New characters in Fallen London now have enhanced opportunities to make their name, in the first of a series of updates to early game content.

Begin your quest for artistic glory in the public houses of Veilgarden. Be welcomed into the bohemian underbelly of Fallen London. Tantalize the world with your scandals!

The Neath will ever increasingly recognize your talents - and as it celebrates your triumphs, and delights in your trespasses, more opportunities will be opened to you.

Of particular interest to new characters, Making Your Name is available to anyone who has not yet been banished from court.

This is the first of four updates which will improve the early levels of Persuasive, Dangerous, Watchful and Shadowy, in advance of the launch of Fallen London on iOS. Here’s a blog about the wider changes.[/color]
edited by h4nchan on 8/7/2015

[quote=Hannah Flynn][color=#0066ff]&quotOh good! It’s you!&quot A Prospective Novelist stands on a chair and bellows at you over the Singing Mandrake’s cheerful din.

New characters in Fallen London now have enhanced opportunities to make their name, in the first of a series of updates to early game content.

Begin your quest for artistic glory in the public houses of Veilgarden. Be welcomed into the bohemian underbelly of Fallen London. Tantalize the world with your scandals!

The Neath will ever increasingly recognize your talents - and as it celebrates your triumphs, and delights in your trespasses, more opportunities will be opened to you.

Of particular interest to new characters, Making Your Name is available to anyone who has not yet been banished from court.

This is the first of four updates which will improve the early levels of Persuasive, Dangerous, Watchful and Shadowy, in advance of the launch of Fallen London on iOS.[/color][/quote]

OH. MY. GOD. I misunderstood the first screen as asking me about my desired approach to fame, instead of my actual status in the game…and now I have to play the Veilgarden, Shuttered Palace, and Court all over again?

[color=#009900]Drop us a mail at bugs@failbettergames.com - we won’t be fixing misclicks from this point now we’ve added clearer metatext, but we can see this was a bit confusing, so we’ll sort it out.[/color]

[color=#C2B280]If you regret the current level of your A Name Signed with a Flourish quality, this access code will allow you to reset it, once.

Use it soon; we’ll retire it in a few days.[/color]

UPDATE: I talked with support, and, basically, yes, it is a small bug, but it didn’t hinder me in any way (except once during this storylet when they said I wrote the Epic, which I didn’t). It’s just an anomaly of being a low-level (but still a little leveled) player just as the update was rolled out.

MY OLD POST BELOW:
I’m sorry, but this is very weird. The update blog post says now I can progress to make my name and be more Persuasive and all that.

And indeed, Making Your Name just appeared as I logged in, and now it says I’ve already written a Mushroom Epic, and everybody congratulates me! But I didn’t!

I don’t even know what a Mushroom Epic is. I’ve never even approached this content with previous characters (this one is very green - about 17 Persuasive and broke). I didn’t even write any creative works with this one - only 3-4 dream reports, that’s all.

Does this mean that the game just decided it’s time to move to Honey Dens and just &quotskipped&quot the literary work for me altogether? And I’ll never know what a Mushroom Epic is about (but will be regarded as its author)?
edited by AyeBraine on 8/9/2015