Luminosity without Revolution?

As someone less than fond of the revolutionary agenda, I was wondering if there were a way to get higher level Luminosity items reliably without aiding revolutionary plans. Up-converting from lamplighter beeswax appears to advance the Liberation of Night.

You can get Memories of Light by converting Compromising Documents.

Phosphorescent Beetles: Breeding monsters seems to be a good source of this. Toadstools and a Stick for the Plated Seal gives 540 Phosphorescent Beetles, while the Tomb-Lion gives 300 Phosphorescent Scarabs if you merely tame it.

Memories of Light: The wiki says you can use the Mass conversion of Phosphorescent Scarabs without advancing it, though I generally convert Compromising Documents into Memories of Light instead. Feeding a Reprehensible Lizard 25 Beeswax has a decent chance of giving you 4 of them (failure won’t consume the wax).

Mourning Candles: The Affair of the Box is the best way to get these.

Bejewelled Lenses: The Bazaar Side-streets.

Eyeless Skull: Seeking Curios in the Forgotten Quarter is the best way to get them, and Expeditions might also provide one too. You probably don’t want to hold onto these, though.

Ray-drenched Cinder: If you haven’t reached the Cave of the Nadir yet you can purchase an extra to keep for yourself. Otherwise there is a Fate-locked method to obtain one around Christmas time, but it involves aiding Revolutionaries so it might end up Advancing the Liberation of Night. When I did it on an alt I don’t believe that quality was in existence.

Thank you for the surprisingly quick responses!

I don’t suppose you know of a way to reduce my &quotAdvancing the Liberation of Night&quot quality? Or is it that what is done is done?
edited by Hypersomnus on 6/27/2015

There’s also another Fate-locked way to get a Ray-Drenched Cinder around Christmas time if you’re willing to sell your soul. I forgot about that one.

A Gift From The Capering Relicker has an option for Mourning Candles, too, although I believe you need to have done a Fate-locked story first. I can’t remember which one.

It’s the Soul Trade for that option.

[quote=Hypersomnus]Thank you for the surprisingly quick responses!

I don’t suppose you know of a way to reduce my &quotAdvancing the Liberation of Night&quot quality? Or is it that what is done is done?
edited by Hypersomnus on 6/27/2015[/quote]

At the moment it’s impossible to reduce your Advancing quality. I don’t think a little bit of Advancement will hurt much, though.