Lucrative options at the carnival

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m wondering if visiting the carnival is useful? I visited the house of mirrors recently, and the ambition mirrors were interesting. Raised my persuasive, but I couldn’t see how much… but it cost me watchful and my glorious hedonist quality. I’ve still got some more tickets, what should I do with them?

After cashing in Connections for rewards, the Carnival is a possible starting place for building them up again (at the Big Top and the Sideshows, but no higher than 10). Someone in dire need of bats can hope to gain some by Lizard Throwing at the Games Tent. Also, while building up qualities like Fascinating…, Inspired…, or Investigating…, Madame Shoshana is quite helpful in raising them.If you fancy a visit to the Mirror Marches, gaze into the mahogany-framed mirror (you need ten Memories of light to unlock this, but you’ll lose only three). And if you should need to go mad or even to die for some purpose, the Dream’s Mirror, or the Heart’s Mirror respectively, are the fastest ways to achieve this.
These are mostly obvious and none of them may be new to you. But it’s called Mrs Plenty’s Most Distracting Carnival, not Mrs Plenty’s Most Useful Carnival, after all… ;)

The Refreshment Pavilion can be quite useful depending on your need. Spoiler[color=#ffffff] When luck is with you, the hot spiced wine is handy for nightmares (and hedonism) and if you’re seeking scandal, do try the mushrooms! [/color]spoiler

~MF
A Lady in high spirits

If you have Nightmares: use Hot Wine to cure them; if you acquire unwanted Scandal in the process, then go to Lodgings and pray (reduces Scandal, practices Persuasion, increases Connected Church).

Hot wine is actually a poor choice for managing Nightmares. If you’re not a PoSI, laudanum would be my recommendation.

I’ve never understood the appeal of laudanum. At an Echo a bottle, it seems massively inefficient.
Co-operative social action would be my recommendation.[li]

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]I’ve never understood the appeal of laudanum. At an Echo a bottle, it seems massively inefficient.
Co-operative social action would be my recommendation.[/quote]

Because of the cp/action, it’s the most efficient (non-social) action. The echo cost is essentially a 1-action tax. It’s 4 cp reduction for 2 actions.

I mainly use the carnival for raising connections. In a certain game it can be handy to jump to the Marshes for awhile.

[quote=]Indulging a Less than Laudable Laudanum Habit 32 - A Wretched Slave to the Hellish Stuff
Perhaps it’s long past time to reconsider your attachment to the stuff.[/quote]

I often feel that the fate locked option to remove it was made just for me…

[quote=Theus][quote=Nigel Overstreet]I’ve never understood the appeal of laudanum. At an Echo a bottle, it seems massively inefficient.
Co-operative social action would be my recommendation.[/quote]

Because of the cp/action, it’s the most efficient (non-social) action. The echo cost is essentially a 1-action tax. It’s 4 cp reduction for 2 actions.[/quote]

[li]
And don’t forget that if you have a Winsome Dispossessed Orphan, you can get all the laudanum you’d possibly need for free. I have 186 bottles of the stuff and I haven’t bought any in ages.

Good point, although it’s not entirely free. it does lower the action tax to 1/4 of an action though.

I think that Carnival is somewhere that’s either used for beginners or someone who need quick connection fix and don’t have “A Visit” card. While it is charming place, there’s not much you can do there at even lower~mid level.