Lost my Correspondence Stones

I’m…oh I’m just freaking livid.

Who knows how many days of actions grinding Whispered secrets so I could afford a second expedition (the rivals got there the first time).

I get it. Finally I can progress. I’ve been stagnating so long.

That Devilress wants to take them. She wants to play chess for them. I have a 95% chance to defeat her.

And. She Takes. MY STONES.

If I could rage quit a browser game, I’d have wiped my account in that second.

But ok, here’s the question; can I get these back? It doesn’t make sense that I can loot that tomb twice, but I guess I don’t have much of a choice. Is there maybe an opportunity card that comes up where I’ll get the chance to win them back from her?

Any ray of light would be helpful, because I’m REALLY irritated with this whole thing right now.

I think you can get your stones back from a card at the University.

Just checked the wiki - you need the location specific card &quotThe librarian and the stones&quot, it takes some muscaria brandy and it does only appear at the University

Sorry that you lost that chess match.
edited by reveurciel on 4/1/2015

Yea…I just got that card…it requires THIRTY-FIVE MUSCARIA BRANDY. You get 20 of them for 100 scraps! So, they’re gone, basically.

Cool down. You can grind Souls in Ladybones Road and convert them down to Brandy. It might take time, but you’ll get them back!

How’s your shadowy? - you can steal them in the Flit

Or item conversions work as well, remember that any 50p item can be side converted until you get to Brilliant souls to convert to the brandy.

"Or item conversions work as well, remember that any 50p item can be side converted until you get to Brilliant souls to convert to the brandy. "

I didn’t know that, thanks for the tips guys!

Cool down. You can grind Souls in Ladybones Road and convert them down to Brandy. It might take time, but you’ll get them back![/quote]

I’m confused; Souls convert to a Sherry, not a Brandy. Am I thinking of something else?

Souls to Amanita Sherry which converts brilliant souls which convert to Muscaria Brandy

But if you have enough of any other 50p item I think it is easier and quicker to side convert

Wiki link explaining items conversions http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Items_(Guide)

I understand the basics of up-converting items in their own tree, but I don’t understand “side converting”. Can you help?

Thanks for the assistance so far.

Click on any 50p item. You normally get two choices one to up-convert and the other to side convert.

For example the item directly before Brilliant Souls for side conversions are Memories of Distant Shores. You need 50 of them and from there you can choose to up-convert them to Collated Research or to side convert them to Brilliant Souls.

By the way I would use the wiki link in my earlier post that way you can see which 50p item is closest to the one you need. I still need to use it when side converting as I can never remember the cycle :)

[quote=Amorphist]I understand the basics of up-converting items in their own tree, but I don’t understand &quotside converting&quot. Can you help?

Thanks for the assistance so far.[/quote]

May I humbly suggest having a look at the item conversion table in my signature line? You may find it of some assistance.

[quote=A B Nile][quote=Amorphist]I understand the basics of up-converting items in their own tree, but I don’t understand &quotside converting&quot. Can you help?

Thanks for the assistance so far.[/quote]

May I humbly suggest having a look at the item conversion table in my signature line? You may find it of some assistance.[/quote]

This is terrific. Thank you so much.

It is also worth noting the correspondance stones aren’t really that important once you’ve started your study, after all, you can only study them so much before you need more material.

So while it sucks, it’s not the worst thing ever.

[quote=WormApotheote]It is also worth noting the correspondance stones aren’t really that important once you’ve started your study, after all, you can only study them so much before you need more material.[/quote]As I was reading your sentence, my brain automatically completed it to: &quotyou can only study them so much before your hair catches fire.&quot

I think I’ve studied the Correspondence too much… :-)

[quote=A B Nile]May I humbly suggest having a look at the item conversion table in my signature line?[/quote]Looking at your (excellent) conversion doc, I see that you list the conversion of Searing Enigmas into an Impossible Theorem as &quota very rare success&quot. I haven’t tried for the Theorem yet, but isn’t this just a very difficult Watchful challenge? Listing it as a rare success indicates that it’s luck based regardless of success in the challenge.

It is just a Watchful challenge.