Lore Question about Well of Wonders *SPOILERS*

I haven’t done TRUTH ambition yet, and it may be that the answers I seek wait there, but I just stumbled into the massive lore dump in the Well of Wonders for the first time and have some questions.

1. Is the Prince Apostle the Choir-in-One? The princes of light are clearly devils, and I know the Choir-in-One is some kind of Ur-Devil who led a rebellion. Are they one in the same? Completely separate rebellions? Is the Prince Apostle possibly related to a certain devil in the exceptional story featuring the intrepid deacon?

2. What is the relation of The Halved to the King Who Speaks and King Who Wars? At first it looked pretty clear that The Halved was the King Who Speaks, but his subsequent murder put an end to that idea, and it seems pretty doubtful the King Who Wars would suddenly take a pro-Liberation stance after all the fire and death and rebel squashing. Did something later corrupt them and make them reverse course hard? Is The Halved some undead version of the King who speaks?

I don’t know a lot about the Chior-in-One, but you learn a lot about the Halved from Piranesi and The Berenger.

The Halved is the King Who Wars, and its twin is referred to as The Binary. The Prophet Exile was the first storyteller in Eleutheria, whose actions led to the murder of the binary, and the second storyteller changed the Halved’s mind and turned it against the other judgments. One of the lecturers on the Berenger suggests that the second storyteller was killed as a result of its message, so I’m assuming that it must have been the House of Rods and Chains. The Halved also built Piranesi, but that place is a story for a whole different topic.

Huh. I read this completely wrong, maybe?

I thought the Prophet was a Messenger, and the princes of light were Masters/Curators. That the House of Rods and Chains was the body of the dead Prophet/Messenger, who violated the sequence by killing the Binary. I originally assumed that the Prophet was in fact the Bazaar, but other sources have said that it’s still in the Neath, and that the House of Rods and Chains is just a different space crab… specifically the one that poisoned the Reach’s sun. Except of course for the fact that it’s full of Rubberies from London for some reason (they wear top hats and carry London newspapers)… there are mysteries here I have yet to plumb, clearly. What thread in Piranesi gives you information about the Halved?

You learn a little about the Halved if you talk enough to the Violinist in the Reformer’s neck of the woods. There’s a lot of little information about the Halved and the storytellers everywhere in Eleutheria, but one thing they tell you in the Well is that

the Prophet came from behind glass.

Ah. Well, that changes things.

[quote=naraoia]Huh. I read this completely wrong, maybe?

I thought the Prophet was a Messenger, and the princes of light were Masters/Curators. That the House of Rods and Chains was the body of the dead Prophet/Messenger, who violated the sequence by killing the Binary. I originally assumed that the Prophet was in fact the Bazaar, but other sources have said that it’s still in the Neath, and that the House of Rods and Chains is just a different space crab… specifically the one that poisoned the Reach’s sun. Except of course for the fact that it’s full of Rubberies from London for some reason (they wear top hats and carry London newspapers)… there are mysteries here I have yet to plumb, clearly. What thread in Piranesi gives you information about the Halved?

Well, there is a way to get to the House from the Neath, maybe they are coming over that way?
edited by Deathjack999 on 2/28/2019

There’s a snippet that says they came to Eleutheria in a ship made of broken shells. I think they came through the Avid Horizon, like everybody else, and gravitated to the House because… man, I dunno. Why?

Well the only other way to Euletheria is diving into the Eye on the Zee floor.

I’m sticking with my theory that they came over that way.