Looking for Lilac

I caved and used a Favorable Circumstance to summon her. The description in the storylet that says “Sometimes, she just won’t turn up…” is proof of the RNG’s malevolent telepathy.

Hmm… If it says that, is it possible that The Airs of London is a requirement for her to show up? The other Feast card now uses it, and the first standard feast action changes it.

I’ll try messing around with it, because I need to do something proactively superstitious. It appears 93 is not the number.

No, it’s not a requirement at all. If it was it would say so.

Yeah, it is admittedly a conspiraciesque longshot. I can’t think of any cards with hidden requirements, and it would seem cruel to spring one now.

I haven’t seen this card once, so I’m a touch stir-crazy. Just wait until I find that you’re 1.14 times more likely to draw it if your Airs is a multiple of 12!

At this point I’d even ask Madam Shoshana’s advice. I’ve been flipping cards for well over a day now. I HAVE PRESENTS TO EXCHANGE, LILAC, WHY ARE YOU IGNORING MEEEE?

No sign of her for me yet either and I have accumulated quite a few gifts to cash in!

After two days of incessant flipping, I finally found her–only to hit “Perhaps not” in an attempt to get a better look at the card art, this automatically discarding her from my hand.

Fellow newcomers, do not make my mistake. Especially when you have this many gifts to exchange.

My goodness! I finally got her for an account of mine and after she gave 13 gifts of scorn to her, Lilac made this passing remark before leaving:

&quotThat’s your place in the scheme for now. Excuse me. I do hope we’ll meet again, but I expect to be very busy…&quot.

The nerve and gall of this woman! The confident and the unnerving airs she gives! I do hope one day we can get her as a companion/spouse.

Rather than Lilac, who is a presumptuous mushroom, I’ve been waiting for the Feast card to meet the Captivating Princess via the “Duchess’s Banquet” option. Alas, still no joy. However, getting Lilac as a pet-companion might be interesting, if only to delve into the many ways she can be deliberately neglected.

I haven’t seen Lilac OR the Feast card yet.

Please take my feast card. I’m getting it all the time and I have all the companions I’m getting.
(Or do you mean feast rather than the encounter card. It’s the encounter I’m getting.)
edited by babelfishwars on 2/18/2014

If she had an account, I’d probably mail rats to her by this point. Still zero Lilac cards…

I’ve seen her once on the main now and never on the alt. both accounts have gotten the encounter card several times.

Slightly OT, I wonder if Lilac’s reaction when you surrender the Well-song is bizarre or not…
(not sure I can post it here being sort-of Fate-locked)

I’ve now seen this elusive woman ONCE. Clearly she’s spending all her time with people who wish to give her things other than bats. The nerve :p

She finally arrived for me. I’m slightly disappointed that I didn’t make it a little further so I’d reach the halfway point without her appearing for me. At any rate, this is pretty crazy for an alleged “Frequent” card’s appearance, especially with a Remote Location…

In theory, I should probably manage theitems I ahve carefully to maximize nonFate Masquing, but at this point, I suspect I’ll not see her again during the Feast, so I may as well cash in it all at once.

I really hope that this mechanic is given careful consideration before next year’s Feast. It’s been rather disappointing so far, between the very random and arbitrary Masquing sources and the mandatory Fate expenditures for most of the companions, amongst other issues.

I wonder if they’re planning to make Lilac a storylet instead of a card towards the end of the month, like they did with the Mr Sacks cards. I liked that, even if I didn’t need it.

As I still haven’t seen the woman once this Feast, I’m hoping she’ll show up now that I’ve complained about it!

I really hope they’ll up her frequency before the feast is up. It sucks to spend significant fate and be unable to use it for what we want.

We just got the Amanuensis three draws in a row. By comparison, we have seen Lilac twice. Over the entire Feast.[li]
edited by Snowskeeper on 2/22/2014