London Warehouse

Hello

I think it would be awfully useful if you were able to rent or buy a small warehouse in London where you could store some goods. Some items take a long time to build up (scintilack, I’m looking at you!) and take up very precious cargo space.

The warehouse could even be not in London but a nearby colony.

I know this would reduce the usefulness of the merchant ship, but it would make sense no?

Are you aware of the quest that pays out batches of seven scintillack?

(and if you ARE and its still taking a while to build up, what do you even NEED a hundred scintillack for.)

Why, Varchas, of course!

But why would you ship the coral from Port Cecil to London, just to ship it from London to Varchas. There is no possible map layout that makes that smart.
Parking cargo in London to have more room for fuel and supplies when your next route doesn’t allow to drop that special cargo off could be viable though.

It’s not really a warehouse that’s needed. If we could just buy back what we had sold earlier in London (perhaps at a substantially higher price) that would work just as well. I don’t like having my precious cargo space taken up by stuff that I won’t use anytime soon but don’t dare to get rid of because I might find someday that I can’t replace it.

You have rented a warehouse in London.
You have rented a warehouse in London, but something has changed.
The warehouse has been burnt and destroyed in a recent Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

edited by Estelle Knoht on 3/23/2015

You have rented a warehouse in London, but something stored inside changed.
You have rented a warehouse in London, but something stored inside changed.
You have rented a warehouse in London, but its storage changed something in you.
The warehouse has been burnt and destroyed in a recent Feast of the Exceptional Rose.

You have rented a warehouse in London, but it failed the &quothas 5 or more fuel stored&quot check and burnt down.
You have rented a warehouse in London, but it failed the &quothas 5 or more fuel stored&quot horribly and exploded.
You have rented a warehouse in London, but it failed the &quothas 3 or more supplies stored&quot and it’s full of ratz (&quotLet them do&quot for -X &quotWharehouse condition&quot Iron test to avoid said condition drop, or that and a wound and crew loss if failed; Wretched Mog option for a reduced condition drop and +1 rat-consisting Supplies).
You have rented a warehouse in London, and you find Blindie Bruisy’s payment for your last service there. You don’t remember giving him a key.
edited by Mr. Mister on 3/23/2015
edited by Mr. Mister on 3/23/2015

Add to that an option to not trade in ships but store them in drydock. Smaller ships are much better for exploration, but there are times that I set out solely for trading or to take down a particular zee beast.