lodgings and premises: am I normal?

Is something supposed to happen when you click on keys, lengthy leases etc in your inventory?

I’ve acquired quite a collection but all that happens when I click on them is that I waste a move to be told I’ve moved there but no new options appear and I’m still in Spite or wherever i started. I get the extra cards in my hand, and I can use the place-based opportunity cards when they crop up anyway, but that’s it. [li]

Using the keys changes the lodging you’re currently residing in; the only real effect Lodgings have is your deck size. I guess you could use the keys if you want to change where you’re living for flavour’s sake.
It doesn’t change your area or affect anything besides deck size, basically.

Thanks. That’s slightly disappointing but at least I can stop worrying that it’s just me missing out.

[quote=Spacemarine9]Using the keys changes the lodging you’re currently residing in; the only real effect Lodgings have is your deck size. I guess you could use the keys if you want to change where you’re living for flavour’s sake.
It doesn’t change your area or affect anything besides deck size, basically.[/quote]

[li]