Lethean Tea-Leaves and following one's ambition

I recently returned to the Neath after an extended absence, and unfortunately discovered that I forgot most of what had happened while pursuing a gem the size of a cow, and neglected to write it down the first time (careless of me, I know.) Recent events have caused me to reflect on my poorly-remembered recollection of the affair, but it’s not enough. I would like to restart this from the beginning, and just so happen to have some Lethean tea-leaves with which to do so; however, I do not know if once I drink them I will be able to repeat the same Ambition that I currently have. Does anyone who has experience with this know whether or not you can start the same ambition over again after drinking Lethean tea?

(Unfortunately, Reminiscing causes my browser to endlessly loop instead of giving me a flashback to what I’ve already done.)

Pretty sure you can start the ambition over again.

Reminiscing at first appeared to do the same for my browser, but eventually I let it go long enough and it resolved and I got my flashback. Let it sit for five minutes or so and see if it works.

Unfortunately, I’ve let it sit long enough for my candle to completely recharge, and it still just says “Loading -”. If I don’t get confirmation one way or another in a few days, I’ll probably try restarting it myself; I’d hate to have to go hunting the Vake or a Nemesis, though, as Dangerous is my worst stat, and at the moment I’m too terribly useful to my small group of Echo Bazaar playing friends for interviews and the like (they’re all involved in the Marvellous.)

I never have gotten the reminisce link to work on any browser on the macintosh (nor on my iphone), but I did get it to work on a PC.

I can confirm that it sometimes works on Firefox. It seems to work better if you disable add-ons such as Adblock or Noscript, but it’s still somewhat… moody.

However, having made the mistake of quitting myself, I seem to remember that Light Fingers was among the options when I went hunting for Ambitions again. (Don’t go for the Marvellous. Just… don’t.)

[color=660099]Can I just ask if anyone has bug-reported this please?[/color]

I did report it in April (Request #6349 - specifically regarding Safari for Mac only tho) but just now saw there was a request for me to try to clear my cache and try again - now the comments are closed on the request so I can’t add that it is on all Mac browsers (firefox, chrome and safari) and cache clearing and logging out/in doesn’t help.

[color=660099]Thanks[/color]

I find it easier if, instead of clicking on the ‘and earlier’ link, I right-click it and select ‘open in new tab’. This opens up a plain text version in the new tab, which seems bug free.

I wish there was a way to give people Echoes so I could give you all of mine. Thanks!

You’re very welcome :)

That does not seem to happen in Chrome. Instead it opens up another instance of Fallen London in another tab on my browser, which is far from valueless should I encounter another perpetually loading reminiscence which persists when I change back to the story tab.

So though it did not function for me as you expected, your advice was still enormously helpful. Thank you.

That does not seem to happen in Chrome. Instead it opens up another instance of Fallen London in another tab on my browser, which is far from valueless should I encounter another perpetually loading reminiscence which persists when I change back to the story tab.

So though it did not function for me as you expected, your advice was still enormously helpful. Thank you.[/quote]

No, you don’t open a new tab on the “reminisce” link, you click reminisce like normal, but you open a new tab with the “and earlier” link.

for some of the ambitions you need the leaves to progress the storyline and don’t rememebr where you get them from. think mine was a one off storylet possibly further back in the ambition