Legacies -- Forced to pick Rival

Okay, so this is an issue I came up with last game, and now this one. I manage to complete my captain’s goal: Find your father, lost at Zee. So, I get to the Warrant of Redemption screen, and it won’t let me pick any other Legacy besides Rival.

Why is this? Why can’t I pick Correspondent, and keep the map I spent so long fleshing out? And the some of the bloody Pages stat I took so long getting up to 150! Or Salvager, so I can keep half my veils and sail right past most monsters without batting an eye? I put so much effort into this playthrough, and I’m stuck with just Rival for my legacy?

What am I missing? Really? The Captain before this one died to a Lorn Fluke (somehow ended up sailing face-first into the Fathomking’s Hold right off the bat) and this one was long, tense, and at the end, satisfying. And how do I keep my damn engine, I worked so hard to get it!

I may be rambling now, but this is really frustrating. Every time I get the Warrant of Redemption screen, where I can choose a legacy, the only option available to me is Rival. Please-- what am I missing? What do I have to do to be able to pick something different next time?
edited by Rae Ameras on 12/29/2015

You can’t keep the engine.

However, if your map is finish, why would you want to keep it? If a place is discovered previously, you won’t get Fragments, so you won’t get Secrets from exploring, heavily crippling you.

It has been a while since I played without a scion (2 legacies), but maybe you can try unchecking Rival if it came pre-checked?

If you can’t uncheck it, I suggest sending a support ticket. I was able to pick my legacy when I succeeded (retire in luxury).

[li]
edited by th8827 on 12/29/2015

[quote=th8827]You can’t keep the engine.

However, if your map is finish, why would you want to keep it? If a place is discovered previously, you won’t get Fragments, so you won’t get Secrets from exploring, heavily crippling you.

It has been a while since I played without a scion (2 legacies), but maybe you can try unchecking Rival if it came pre-checked?

If you can’t uncheck it, I suggest sending a support ticket. I was able to pick my legacy when I succeeded (retire in luxury).

[li]
edited by th8827 on 12/29/2015[/quote]It was pre-selected. ~faceplam~ That’s what the issue was. Thank you.[/li][li]
[/li][li]And you don’t get fragments from exploring again? O_o That… sucks. Especially since pages is so hard to raise up in the first place.

[/li]
edited by Rae Ameras on 12/29/2015

Considering the rate at which Pages reduces the fragments necessary for Secrets, I find that in the early and mid-game exploration gives more than enough fragments to outweigh lower stats. It mostly helps for me when I’m only gaining small amounts of fragments through port actions in the late-game.