Knightly Tales

Now there’s a description! Did I miss this in the game?[/quote]

Hahaha no, not quite, but a modified version of that description is going in the new tutorial. ;)

Ah yes, I’ve been playing through the tutorial, fair enough. May start again without it and see some more stuff :)

Awesome! You’re probably my first tutorial player, actually; everyone else who posted above you was playing without the tutorial, hahahaha.

Do you have an easy way to kill yourself and start a new character? If not, I’ll be more than happy to give you access to a card that allows you to do just that…

There’s no way to kill myself :) The character is called “Victoria de Lambert”, thanks!

You now have a permanently pinned card that allows you to kill yourself at any time. Remember kids, it’s down the streets, not across the road.

For the rest of you out there playing at home, you may now use this access code ( http://knightlytales.storynexus.com/a/betasuicide ) to give yourself the very same privilege!

Couple more things I noticed:
-Going after the Ts-whatsits shaman in the raid (at least as I did it after sending in militia) doesn’t send you to the Combat area, so you just progress immediately to looting him
-Is hiding behind your moat in the barbarian raid not supposed to get rid of your Chaos? Because if so, that’d be a good thing to mention on the card.
-Certain opportunity cards like the Jeweler and the Mining Union could use an option to discard them without buying something. They tend to clog up my deck when I’m broke.
-After building Bed Chambers and an Armory, I don’t see any card or way to take advantage of them (I did get the Rusted Sword and Shield, but there’s no pinned card for either area).

Thanks, I’ve started again now.

Odd glitch though - after entering my character name and clicking ok, it went to (I think!) the first screen where you choose to play the game or tutorial, then almost straight away flashed to a page just giving a bunch of StoryNexus code. It’s probably not your bug, but I’ve noted the details here if other people get it for a bug report.

Going to your game’s homepage again and it seems fine, click on the main game option, get the result page which sets my attributes, gives me equipment, gold and a treasury, and resets my Stranger quality. After I click ok from here I end up in the “Beginnings” area still, with a “buff your weapon” pinned card and a load of pinned cards for “urban monsters” etc., no opportunity decks and nothing I can do…
edited by spiralx on 1/4/2013

Actually, I notice now that dealing with the Tsochian shaman didn’t get rid of my Chaos either (although that may be because I never actually fought him).

And now the Exiled Tsochian Shaman card is staying in my hand even though I’m in the Combat area.
edited by Bobby Archer on 1/4/2013

Aww, I just tried to start playing, but the Tutorial is locked…

Just started using a sword and shield and I think the “Slash and Bash” option needs some tweaking. It doesn’t require an Opportunity, and trades off a point of enemy vitality down for 1 enemy threat up. As long as the enemy has 10 vitality or less, there’s no reason for me to use any other attack or attempt a maneuver. I just keep plinking at him until he falls down without ever having a chance to hit me.

[quote=Bobby Archer]Couple more things I noticed:
-Going after the Ts-whatsits shaman in the raid (at least as I did it after sending in militia) doesn’t send you to the Combat area, so you just progress immediately to looting him
-Is hiding behind your moat in the barbarian raid not supposed to get rid of your Chaos? Because if so, that’d be a good thing to mention on the card.
-Certain opportunity cards like the Jeweler and the Mining Union could use an option to discard them without buying something. They tend to clog up my deck when I’m broke.
-After building Bed Chambers and an Armory, I don’t see any card or way to take advantage of them (I did get the Rusted Sword and Shield, but there’s no pinned card for either area).[/quote]

• Fixed! Doh, what a silly amateur mistake.
  • I’m still torn on that one. Would a good compromise be to lower Chaos by, say, 3?
  • OK added!
  • The Armoury doesn’t have a pinned card, but the Bed Chambers should appear. It’s the card with the moon and stars.

Thanks a ton for all the catches! =)

[quote=spiralx]Thanks, I’ve started again now.

Odd glitch though - after entering my character name and clicking ok, it went to (I think!) the first screen where you choose to play the game or tutorial, then almost straight away flashed to a page just giving a bunch of StoryNexus code. It’s probably not your bug, but I’ve noted the details here if other people get it for a bug report.

Going to your game’s homepage again and it seems fine, click on the main game option, get the result page which sets my attributes, gives me equipment, gold and a treasury, and resets my Stranger quality. After I click ok from here I end up in the “Beginnings” area still, with a “buff your weapon” pinned card and a load of pinned cards for “urban monsters” etc., no opportunity decks and nothing I can do…
edited by spiralx on 1/4/2013[/quote]

The code-glitch is a weird one, yeah. I usually get around it by just hitting the back button on my browser.

Also, argh! I’m so sorry, I forgot to make people change areas to the Castle with the new option, which is why you’re seeing all the “behind the scenes” item-use cards. I hope you were using the suicide link, please try again with a new character: it should be fixed now. Boy, is my face red…

[quote=Bobby Archer]Actually, I notice now that dealing with the Tsochian shaman didn’t get rid of my Chaos either (although that may be because I never actually fought him).

And now the Exiled Tsochian Shaman card is staying in my hand even though I’m in the Combat area.[/quote]

Raid cards are meant to stay in your hand even if you’re in the combat area. If not, the easiest way to deal with them is to simply ignore them and pick any other monster option, which will cause all the other cards to disappear. Is this too annoying though? I can understand it might be frustrating when you have two raids at the same time and get forced to go into one of the battles with one card permanently pinned in your hand. A possible fix would be to add an option on the raid cards where you can pay off the invaders: which was something I had planned for later but it seems like I’ve got to step that up if it’s a real problem. Other than that, I can’t think of a better way to make Raids a real enough threat but yet still not overly annoying.

Fixed the first point though: all Chaos should now be correctly removed after you successfully defeat raid creatures! =)

Hmmm, good point. Would it be better to have the attack raise Threat by 2?

Thanks for all your catches and suggestions Bobby! Please post or PM me your character name so I can at the very least reduce your Chaos for having to live with all of that earlier on.
edited by PostalElf on 1/5/2013

Unfortunately, the tutorial is down for maintenance (because I’m still working on it! It’ll be up very soon!), but feel free to try the second option and blunder around in combat for a bit until you get the hang of things! =)

Thanks, working fine now, and now glitch this time either! :D

Alright folks, the tutorial is up! Hopefully this will better help beginners get into the combat system.

Next on the to-do list: make it more obvious what the consequences of a particular tactical decision is!

…Well, I’m not sure how I managed this. I’m stuck in a place that looks unfinished and I can’t get out of it.

I think I clicked through to make a new character at an inopportune time and accidentally tripped through some construction?
edited by MidnightVoyager on 1/5/2013

[quote=MidnightVoyager]…Well, I’m not sure how I managed this. I’m stuck in a place that looks unfinished and I can’t get out of it.

I think I clicked through to make a new character at an inopportune time and accidentally tripped through some construction?
edited by MidnightVoyager on 1/5/2013[/quote]

Uh-oh. If it happens again, can you walk me through what happened? You can click through the betasuicide link to make a new character. Sorry this happened to you!

It would seem that my ‘ruler’ Takahide has gotten himself stuck in an eternal buff loop, no matter how many times one discards it or use it (my enemy threat is now up to a fun 32 and i’m not even in a combat) >D