Knife and candle

Okay, I admit it, I can’t seem to make this work.

When I attack, I don’t seem to be able to actually be the person who makes the attack, they strike first, and I lose.
When I defend, I don’t seem to be able to attack, they strike first, and I lose.

[quote=Ben ]Okay, I admit it, I can’t seem to make this work.

When I attack, I don’t seem to be able to actually be the person who makes the attack, they strike first, and I lose.
When I defend, I don’t seem to be able to attack, they strike first, and I lose.[/quote]
It’s a matter of luck. I don’t know why some people have crazy luck, but attacking improves your odds of victory in any unfair fight, no matter whose favor it’s unfair in. When you select the target, the rng decides which one of you won, and acts accordingly.

I am assuming you’re in iron leagues. If you’re not, too bad, so sad, i can’t help you.
edited by Grenem on 11/11/2015

Moon.

No matter if I am the attacker, or defender, I find that I prepare a time or two, then get attacked, and …

I can’t remember even once that I actually got the chance to attack, even when I was attacking.

Unless things have changed, the one being challenged to a Moon League hunt has the first opportunity to attack, which comes after three rounds of preparations.

Yeah, you should have the option to strike first if you’re ‘defending’. You can still continue preparing on that round, but an extra option to attack should be unlocked at that time.

The Moon League revolves around guessing the opponent’s strategy and making moves, and perhaps changing your form, accordingly. NiteBrite has a lengthy, though somewhat outdated, post on the matter.
edited by Optimatum on 11/11/2015

[quote=Ben ]Moon.

No matter if I am the attacker, or defender, I find that I prepare a time or two, then get attacked, and …

I can’t remember even once that I actually got the chance to attack, even when I was attacking.[/quote]
Yeah, sorry about that. I was wondering why you didn’t attack when you had the opportunity this morning, and was actually planning to raise my Baroque further and see how long it would go on like that, but then I misclicked and attacked with Baroque instead of just raising it.

If you’re the one being challenged, you get the first move and are thus the first to reach On the Move 4, which allows you to attack. Attacking as soon as possible is almost always the best choice, since you can play to your strenghts, while the defender needs to either guess luckily or defend every front.

It didn’t give me the chance.
I can’t remember having the chance ANY time I was ever attacked.
It boggles my mind laugh
My wins come from blocking the attack they where using, and then they have to either give up, or try one of the other two, and find my stats sometimes high enough to win… shrugs At least, that’s how I remember it snicker I’m often forgetful.

Anyway, call it strange, but this HAS to be good practice for SOMETHING, and I at least get rewards from my actions.
edited by ICountFrom0 on 11/11/2015

I’m the one being challenged…
I’m at “move 4, in the open” and … can’t attack.

Are you sure you had making your moves 4 BEFORE making an action in addition to not waiting for your turn?

ah, no, I had it as the result of that action, and I think I’ve figured it out…

gambits throw me off aparently.