June's Exceptional Story: Web of the Motherlings

By chance does someone have an echo of attacking both parties, or supporting the khanate envoy?

Similar to the previous Exceptional Story, has anyone encountered any new options in opportunity cards or otherwise after their choice?

I’ll just be over here, being horribly, terribly jealous of Paul and Toby’s artistic skills.

If there’s new options it usually says &quotLondon has changed for your efforts&quot or something.

Just meat the Seamstress, and my gods she is pretty. The art is AMAZING.

Out of idle curiosity, is there a high res version of her character portrait available? The small size makes spotting details tricky.

The relics are mine, if the two want, they can fight me for them. The relics belong to the strong.

So I’m uncertain as to why I took pity on the Envoy and gave her half of my hard-earned relics. Guess I’m still a softie.

Story-wise it was excellent, I like the fact that the Envoy had electricity in her lodgings and wish the same upgrades we’re purchasable for my own.

And very, very, excited to see what is keeping The Manager awake, what new monstrosity are we facing in a few months? Can’t wait.
edited by Blaine Davidson on 5/25/2017

Ugh, I can’t decide. :( I want everyone to be happy. If we could just share everything together…

Oh shiiiiiiiit Hey there Nitebrite didn’t expect to see you in an exceptional story!

Fought both, but gave to the Seamstress. A Primeval Hint for my efforts, and a brief echo of the event for those desiring it.

I shared with the Envoy and his Lordship. In the end, it was the Envoy’s dignity that swayed me - that, and being from a place IRL that people have looted for antiquities one time too many.
I did not echo the fight, but I did use all manners of tactics, both honorable and underhanded, and had no difficulty winning the fight in the end.
I liked the story overall, but I have to say I am looking forward to the rest of the ES so I can converse at length with the Manager. By the way, I reside in a suite at his hotel; I wonder if those of us that live there will have any extra options in the cards.

[quote=Kukapetal]What?? The Manager of the Royal Beth wants me to help him with his dreams??

Is there an &quotF you and the horse you rode in on&quot button? :P

Well, hopefully at the end of the season there’ll be an option to take the three items he needs and burn them. Preferably right in front of him :P[/quote] Forgive me for going slightly off-topic (and please delete if it’s not appropriate here), but - your comment made me laugh so much! Why do you dislike the Manager so much? I’m genuinely curious here, not trying to pick a fight. I’m wondering if I missed something the Manager has done…

An amazing story! Astonishing art, fun storylets, and I was very glad to learn something more about the Motherlings. Definitely wondering what we will find out about the other Cities.
I chose His Amused Lordship and got 5 Vital Intelligences. I like spiders, but somewhat less than people’s eyes. Additionally, Londoners have a right to know of the history of their predecessors as much as Khanate does. Doesn’t hurt that I know His Lordship from some meetings and trust him not to start a spider conspiracy.

So, quick issue:

I’ve discoered that the Envoy is most likely to have stolen the relics, and have searches her quarters, discovering that the Seamstress has been there first, but I am now locked out of any investigating options, and can see no new storylet or opportunity to advance. I have four A Lead, The Seamstress, and twenty five A Lead, The Envoy, both of which lock me out of options.

What am I missing?

[quote=OctaviaCrowe]So, quick issue:

[spoiler]

I’ve discoered that the Envoy is most likely to have stolen the relics, and have searches her quarters, discovering that the Seamstress has been there first, but I am now locked out of any investigating options, and can see no new storylet or opportunity to advance. I have four A Lead, The Seamstress, and twenty five A Lead, The Envoy, both of which lock me out of options.

What am I missing?

[/spoiler][/quote]

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Not very clear instructions there, I feel.

[quote=Rasvarmo][quote=Kukapetal]What?? The Manager of the Royal Beth wants me to help him with his dreams??

Is there an &quotF you and the horse you rode in on&quot button? :P

Well, hopefully at the end of the season there’ll be an option to take the three items he needs and burn them. Preferably right in front of him :P[/quote] Forgive me for going slightly off-topic (and please delete if it’s not appropriate here), but - your comment made me laugh so much! Why do you dislike the Manager so much? I’m genuinely curious here, not trying to pick a fight. I’m wondering if I missed something the Manager has done…[/quote]
Speaking for myself, one often gets the sense that the Manager enjoys his job a little too much. I hope get gets locked up in his own hotel for a while :P Maybe that will teach him to clean out the d___ bathtubs and do something about that annoying coffee drinking cat!

I, too, would like an answer to this before beginning such preparations!

They give you more options when you are in battle, I don’t think you need to complete both preparations.

You do need to complete one or the other to continue, though. You can complete both, but no matter what, you won’t be able to play every option.

I supported the Seamstress mostly because I wanted to know what a proper spider cult looks like.

…I don’t know what I was expecting but it definitely wasn’t a possible backstory to Ungoliant.

Weak story overall. Excpecially the fight part.