Jack's Gone

A brand new quality has appeared, presumably linked to goatdance’s last message in the announcements forum. I encountered it on the Tower of Knives opportunity card, where hiding the coughing footpad now has three prerequisites, one of which is ‘Jack’s Gone’. My achievement in it is ‘Jack’s still here’, so I’m guessing there’s more work to do.

That would mean - dealing with him permanently, like it’s possible to do with [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]the Eater-of-Chains[/color]? Wonderful! Hope it will give some other details about him, and if Goatdance writes the storylet, all for the better :)

Announced on the Announcements forum, with not much more detail than that: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic626-coming-soon-to-fallen-london.aspx

I’ve also seen it on the Clay Sedan Chair card, for the option to chase after Jack.

I assume you will have to have an Annoyance to Jack-of-Smiles. Otherwise I will be very disappointed.

[quote=Branden Linton]I assume you will have to have an Annoyance to Jack-of-Smiles. Otherwise I will be very disappointed.
[/quote]

Well, my first thought was this new content to be the continuation of the Annoyance to Jack-of-Smiles storylet, that is unfinished at the time being. Though in fact, ANY storylet - no matter how connected to an Annoyance to Jack-of-Smiles - that ended in Jack being vanquished or permanently incapacitated would also be the logical end to an Annoyance to Jack-of-Smiles.