Jack strikes again. And agian... and again

What’s up with this card? Never seen it before, but for about a week now, I keep getting it 6-7 times a day. Looked up on the wiki, it says that it is locked up by magnanimous 5 or heartless 5, which I have both. Is it some kind of Jack’s summer fever event or what?

It’s a standard frequency card, so they probably took the lock off of it recently. If it’s been out of circulation for a while, a card will show up far more frequently when it’s first out of the gate and level off eventually.
Until you rid yourself of Jack of Smiles, it might just have to be one of those cards that you don’t use.

Nah… I will never get rid of him now. I chose to pursue his mystery deeper. Will have to endure his strikes again, and again, and again, I guess.

There will come a storylet later where you can uncover the mystery in full and get rid of Jack.

I usually avoid such FATE choices. They steal away the sense of consequence of your actions. Like in real life, my character sometimes has to choose, and live with what his choices brought him. In this case - this damned menace of a Jack running around =)

I usually avoid such FATE choices. They steal away the sense of consequence of your actions. Like in real life, my character sometimes has to choose, and live with what his choices brought him. In this case - this damned menace of a Jack running around =)[/quote]
Costs no fate, if that’s what you’re thinking? I can’t tell. Not to say that there aren’t fate options to take, just that the majority is free.

Am I missing something then? My Jack of Smiles case is closed, but he still rampages in London. The only option I encountered that allowed me to pursue both supply and origin of Jack involved Fate. Is there any way to end Jack after the case is close aside from rewinding it altogether with Fate? If there is, I would certainly like to know it.

There isn’t. There was an assumption you hadn’t yet done the Jack Case.

No, if you closed the case, but allowed Jack to run rampant, then he still runs rampant.
The card is the price you pay for continuing to let a killer loose in London.
You can re-work the case for Fate if you really want.

But if it wasn’t this card, it would be some other troublesome Standard frequency card popping up. Mirrors and Clay is the bane of my particular existence. That’s just the nature of the opportunity deck. Some cards are useful, most of them aren’t.

So there is no way to both get Jack and his origin without Fate then.
Well, a crazy maniac running around and killing people for generations to come is a little price to pay for another solved mystery in my pocket. =)
edited by Darkstrong on 7/21/2015