Items of Some Importance for the Thrifty (spoiler)

I am not certain if this has already become public knowledge, but it appears certain unusual ways have opened to acquire items found on the Bazaar Sidestreets. [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Specifically, you sometimes gain them from a rare success when ‘trading in’ other items from your inventory screen![/color]

I can confirm the following paths, having encountered them myself:

[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]- Trading in Romantic Notions for Visions of the Surface will sometimes net you a Comprehensive Bribe. For highly amusing reasons, no less.[/color]

[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]- Somewhere early in the Influence chain, a rare success will gain you Collated Research - when trading in Stolen Correspondence or Intriguing Gossip, specifically. Unfortunately, I didn’t write down which one - but I believe it is the former.[/color]

Has anyone else made similar sightings?
edited by Cedric Appleby on 1/21/2012

Oh my. I’ve seen some rare successes, but never anything that gives quite that level of extra reward. Getting four or five street signs from trading Third City Relics is nice, though.

On my very first attempt at trading Incendiary Gossip for Identities Uncovered, I received the lovely extra gift of TWO Favours in High Places.

On the first time I tried, I was surprised to be given a favour in high places by [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]trading in scarabs for memories of light[/color]. Which was rather glorious. It seems normally it’s three identities uncovered as the plus item.