Item Use question(s)

For item use, the requirements on the item use card don’t actually matter, right? From what I can tell, if you have the item that is to be used, and use it, it triggers the use card much as the linking of cards does - automatically, regardless of whether that card’s specific requirements are met.

(Am I wrong?)

Follow up: is there an easy way to prevent items being used in a particular location?

[quote=babelfishwars]For item use, the requirements on the item use card don’t actually matter, right? From what I can tell, if you have the item that is to be used, and use it, it triggers the use card much as the linking of cards does - automatically, regardless of whether that card’s specific requirements are met.

(Am I wrong?)

Follow up: is there an easy way to prevent items being used in a particular location?[/quote]

You are not wrong - they work just like linked cards, as far as I can tell. The solution I’ve found is to lock each branch individually, which works fine.

On that note, I set a quality for the location that the player is in whenever they move, as I found the system as is not to be flexible enough. So if you do that, it’s easy to lock branches on item use cards based on location. I just have one circumstance quality that keeps track of location, you don’t need one for each area (although that would work too).

Edit: just to be clearer, the quality looks like this:

1 - you’re in the bordertown
2 - you’re in the slums
3 - you’re in the market
4 - you’re in the projects
etc.

edited by cyberpunkdreams on 10/9/2014

[quote=cyberpunkdreams][quote=babelfishwars]For item use, the requirements on the item use card don’t actually matter, right? From what I can tell, if you have the item that is to be used, and use it, it triggers the use card much as the linking of cards does - automatically, regardless of whether that card’s specific requirements are met.

(Am I wrong?)

Follow up: is there an easy way to prevent items being used in a particular location?[/quote]

You are not wrong - they work just like linked cards, as far as I can tell. The solution I’ve found is to lock each branch individually, which works fine.

On that note, I set a quality for the location that the player is in whenever they move, as I found the system as is not to be flexible enough. So if you do that, it’s easy to lock branches on item use cards based on location. I just have one circumstance quality that keeps track of location, you don’t need one for each area (although that would work too).

Edit: just to be clearer, the quality looks like this:

1 - you’re in the bordertown
2 - you’re in the slums
3 - you’re in the market
4 - you’re in the projects
etc.
edited by cyberpunkdreams on 10/9/2014[/quote]

I have that same quality location thing too. ooooh BRANCHES. DOh!

You are a genius.