Issue with fulgent impeller questline (spoilers)

Hi all,

After the zubmariner release, I went back to sunless sea with my beloved save, and there seems to be an issue with the quest to get this special engine:

Now, when I try to advance the tireless mechanic questline, I get stuck at the serpent trap step.
I can get the trap and use it with no issue:
But when I use it the questline doesn’t advance and it’s the &quotallow the mechanic to sleep&quot step again:

I think it has something to do with the fact that I have this felllow in my hold, although I don’t remember how he got there (I got back to sunless sea after several months when the zubmariner was released):

As you can see, I can’t get rid of him, as I thought he was maybe the problem:

I have everything ready to go to kingseater castle and get the engine, and it cost me quite a lot, I can’t go back, I won’t have the funds to do that quest again, I have to finish it now:

Until I can finish the quest and unload my hold, I’m stuck, I can’t advance the game or even do something else instead.

Please, can someone help me with this issue, I did that quest quite a number of times and I never had this problem.

Thanks ^^
edited by pouet007 on 10/17/2016

Do you have the mechanic’s secret from Frostfound?

Otherwise, report to sunlesssea@failbettergames.com (attach your save file and output log)

The &quotallow the mechanic to sleep&quot is a repeatable storylet, so it still being there is not a bug. If you have everything, just go to Kingeater’s Castle to build the Impeller. &quotEverything&quot in this case means the items you have, the Unsettling Sage, and the Mechanic’s Secret.
edited by phryne on 10/17/2016

Well, the next step of the quest is &quotask what is going on&quot and it’s not available to me after the serpent trap step

I went to frostfound just to be sure, and nothing more available there. I’m going to send a report, thanks for your help.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any solution for that issue, I’ll be glad to hear it ^^

That option looks to me like you can take it. If you weren’t eligible the button would be greyed out and indicate it was locked.

That might be a screenshot from a previous run they had before Zubmariner.

Yes it was, I used it to illustrate what I said ^^

That option doesn’t appear after the mechanic’ sleep now.
edited by pouet007 on 10/19/2016

Hopefully support will be able to sort you out - I just got the game after the release of Zubmariner and the option showed up, so I’m not sure why it didn’t trigger for you.

I think it has something to do with the unsettling sage being in my hold before I actually need him: I think we are supposed to hear about him in the “ask what’s going on” step, which doesn’t trigger, maybe because he’s already there.

As to why or how he got here, I actually don’t remember, as I said that save is quite old, I picked it back after several months after the zubmariner realease.

[quote=pouet007]I think it has something to do with the unsettling sage being in my hold before I actually need him: I think we are supposed to hear about him in the “ask what’s going on” step, which doesn’t trigger, maybe because he’s already there.

As to why or how he got here, I actually don’t remember, as I said that save is quite old, I picked it back after several months after the zubmariner realease.[/quote]

The little toad is the prisoner from Wisdom.

I’m not sure - did you already go to Kingeater’s Castle and check if you can build that thing? The “Ask what’s going on” part might be locked because you already skipped it - you already seem to have everything this step was supposed to tell you to get. If I scan the Wiki entry right, it should be locked precisely because of that - you already have the qualities.

I would suggest checking at the castle - as I remember this (only did it once, quite some time ago) you don’t need a story quality, just bring the stuff over there and you should be able to build it.

Thank you for your help!

After what you said, I resolved to go to what I remembered to be the right path: go to frostfound get the secret, and then go to kingseater, and I was able to get the engine ^^
What put me off was the absence of the “ask what is going on” step, but I actually didn’t need it.

Great! Thanks!