Is there any way to restart the game?

I apologise for what might be quite a large request, but is there any way to start the game from the beginning without having to register for a new account? I played the game a while ago, and made reasonable progress (around level 50 in the main qualities) but have forgotten what everything means and would quite like to just start again, and rediscover everything. The FAQ page suggests deactivating the account, but since the advent of StoryNexus, that course of action seems to entail deleting the entire account across all games/worlds. Is there any way of restarting the game without sacrificing my entire StoryNexus account? Thank you!

You could make a new account and play on that

You can delete your account on the StoryNexus account page. You’ll have to re-register your email address, though.

I was hoping to be able to do it without deleting the entire account, but if that really is the only way, then okay. Thank you for your help!

To restart the game, wouldn’t you need to find the Fallen London servers and wipe the hard drives and all the backups?

whistles innocently

[quote=Caninicus]To restart the game, wouldn’t you need to find the Fallen London servers and wipe the hard drives and all the backups?

whistles innocently[/quote]

I’ve got my eye on you.

Naw, the servers are fine to leave alone. What you need is the transactional database(s), its mirrored copy, and all backups. My IT comrades and I have blood pressure spikes just thinking about this sort of thing. My apologies for making you all contemplate that terror for a second.

[quote=Caninicus]To restart the game, wouldn’t you need to find the Fallen London servers and wipe the hard drives and all the backups?

whistles innocently[/quote]