Is there any way to opt-out of mobs?

[li]
Thank you, that’s very kind, but I’ve already taken care of it.

I just remembered: At your “Myself” tab, you can check the box “Set profile as private” (below your portrait). Then you shouldn’t come up as a random suggestion for other players looking for new contacts. Maybe that alleviates your problem…

Question. I’ve got a lot of contacts who are politically active, and most of them have agreed to be mobbed and such. I’ve got a mob ready, I just need someone to send them after, and I seem to have no eligible contacts, even after adding a bunch of people, sending calling cards, and having them accepted. What do I need, or does someone else need, to become eligible for campaign violence? I do have mob problems myself, and will be running out of second chances pretty soon. I’d like to get in on the hurting people part.

Nikita the Jester, Agitator for Feducci
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Nikita%20the%20Jester

Agitators don’t follow in this tradition whatsoever. Knife & Candle was an opt-in game mode divorced from the rest of the game, with explicit warnings and instructions, and was easy to quit without losing other things. SMEN is a special opt-in storyline unconnected to any other storylines, with explicit warnings, and is easy to quit without losing anything more.

The Agitator profession is one of three choices for a major part of a seasonal festival, lacks explicit warnings, and can’t be quit without losing effort put into the election in general. Plus the mob mechanic is a brand new addition - and as a social action, it’s not even the focus of the profession. It’s just a way to be incidentally punished for previous socializing and not reading every bit of election-related text. Actually, I’m pretty sure there isn’t even any mention of the mob mechanic without being an Agitator.

I don’t think that would work - anyone who has your username could add you, anyone who already added you wouldn’t lose your info, and using the forums would open you up to more people.

Re. Nikita Nopants: If your contacts are anything like me, they’re spending every spare moment being mobbed, with another knocking on the door a few seconds after the last one was fended off.

(i.e., everyone on your list may already have been mobbed by someone else, which makes them ineligible until they get rid of the offenders. They also need to be supporting a different candidate to you and be in London. As far as I’m aware, that’s it.)
edited by Barse on 6/28/2017

[quote=Nikita Nopants]Question. I’ve got a lot of contacts who are politically active, and most of them have agreed to be mobbed and such. I’ve got a mob ready, I just need someone to send them after, and I seem to have no eligible contacts, even after adding a bunch of people, sending calling cards, and having them accepted. What do I need, or does someone else need, to become eligible for campaign violence? I do have mob problems myself, and will be running out of second chances pretty soon. I’d like to get in on the hurting people part.

Nikita the Jester, Agitator for Feducci
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Nikita%20the%20Jester[/quote]
Flash lays also remove you from the &quotuniverse&quot people can mob you in, as well as what Barse said above.[li]

I kept getting mobbed by this one random person (All attempts at contact to not mob me frequently were ignored) and I couldn’t mob them back even though they sent me like a mob every hour while I was trying to get other people to mob me, so I understand how it feels. It’s unfortunately not a career for everyone (and I even knew what I was getting myself into!) because it, well, costs a lot.

[quote=Asteraecae]I kept getting mobbed by this one random person (All attempts at contact to not mob me frequently were ignored) and I couldn’t mob them back even though they sent me like a mob every hour while I was trying to get other people to mob me, so I understand how it feels.[/quote]I would report that user if I was you.

Let’s be clear: one of my accounts is an Agitator and I love it. I get mobbed all the time. Like Barse said above, once you’ve fought off one mob, if you don’t immediately disappear into the next Flash Lay, another mob’s already after you. It’s cool. I send mobs after other players constantly, myself. But I haven’t mobbed anyone twice, let alone multiple times, and nobody’s done that to me either.

If the same player keeps sending one mob after another for you, even after you told them to stop, that’s harassment. Not cool.