Is there a fan in the game?

I want a fan – and not like a box-window fan, or some ceiling fan, or even some ostrich-feather monstrosity wielded by slaves while other slaves feed me grapes and balled mellon. (though if anyone is willing to offer me one of those, look me up)

I want a fan I can snap open with a flourish. I want a fan I can hide my face behind, revealing only smoky eyes. I want a fan I can tap at the corner of my lips indicating &quotKiss Me&quot in the Victorian language of fans. (that’s a real thing, go on, look it up)

Does anyone know if there are fans in the game? And how I get one?

I’m not aware of any, but I certainly hope at least one gives +Persuasive ^_^

If you’re willing to take turns between being slave and lounger, absimiliard, I’d be happy to scrounge one up from the Bazaar.

Actually, I think this is a brilliant idea for a new persuasive item – is anybody listening up there?

Why Sir Joseph, you scoundrel, you know I can’t accept no matter how delicious you are. I’m far too Steadfast, and too much an admirer of your Lady Wife, to accept.

Besides I fear we should Both become the talk of the town were we to be so scandalous – and I’m not sure I’m willing to share.

I’ll go with the fan fetish as long as they come with some decent boots!! I’ve given up pining for a kimono.

A fan would be lovely, very fitting for the setting.

I also can’t see why there’s no kimono, seeing as how one of the cameos is literally wearing one. Bit of an oversight?

A fan-based weapon would be pretty neat-o, I’ve always had a certain love of hidden methods of killing. Poisoned blades that fold out as the fan is unfurled, something of that sort.

I quite agree with you, EmberAshe. In fact, the samurai of Japan did have special fans they used as weapons:

It’s not insane to imagine that a few of these could have made their way to Fallen London…

I certainly wouldn’t mind a fan that had dangerous on it, not in the least. I think dangerous and persuasive go very well with my red dress.

(but it still has to look right, if I can’t peer over it coyly . … … then it’s lacking a certain something)

Tut tut. grins I’m highly respectable, myself.

[quote=absimiliard]Why Sir Joseph, you scoundrel, you know I can’t accept no matter how delicious you are. I’m far too Steadfast, and too much an admirer of your Lady Wife, to accept.

Besides I fear we should Both become the talk of the town were we to be so scandalous – and I’m not sure I’m willing to share.[/quote]

Oh my, such scandal in the streets of London! I merely meant to tend on one another as compatriots. You really must stop reading those salacious papers, dear friends! However, that in mind, I wouldn’t mind tending to a certain respectable lady of my company so to say.

My my. Here I am feeling as though the serving of one’s significant other is of more interest than the acquisition itself. Into what company have I descended!

Nonetheless I’ve a mind to agree with EmberAshe here, a bladed or poisoned fan would make for an excellent exotic weapon.

The papers are a fearsomely ridiculous force. I can barely believe half the things they print, and my most particular friend even publishes one of them! (though, I think, not so scandal driven as the rags you speak of)

Now, my prescription, and I am an expert on scandal – nothing delights me so much – is this. Go find yourself a large ostrich-feather fan. Gather some grapes, and some balled melon, along with your best wine. And … . something tiny to wear. And . . . Go . . . Home.

Leave the scandal to me, I’ll enjoy it more.

My dear Lady Marlen. Might I suggest that after we discuss fans in more detail – when the men have departed – you return home? I have the strongest feeling there is a terribly delicious surprise awaiting you.

Oh my. Unintended consequences indeed!

Persuasive +5; Dangerous +2 or +4, perhaps?
I mean, you could take someone’s eye out with those things.

I’d say that sounds about right. We’ve got the poseys, and the boutonniere that are both +4/+5 Persuasive, so I’d think you’re in the right range there. I don’t think that, combined with a bit of dangerous would be over-powered, but it would definitely be something I’d keep in my character’s hands.

I’m a fan.

Sounds like a fantastic idea.

– Mal