Is the Iron republic a good vacation destination?

I am looking for a place to unwind this fine spring holiday (At least as fine as spring is in the neath) and I have heard from some of my hellfire friends that the iron republic might be a good place to spend a few days at. naturally I take everything they say with a bag of road salt, so I wanted to first converse with those who have already made the journey once before

On a more serious note: Is it worth the investment and potential harm of traveling to the Iron republic outside of completing one of the ambition branches? If so, What exactly are the main objectives in the iron republic?

[quote=Koenig]I am looking for a place to unwind this fine spring holiday (At least as fine as spring is in the neath) and I have heard from some of my hellfire friends that the iron republic might be a good place to spend a few days at. naturally I take everything they say with a bag of road salt, so I wanted to first converse with those who have already made the journey once before

On a more serious note: Is it worth the investment and potential harm of traveling to the Iron republic outside of completing one of the ambition branches? If so, What exactly are the main objectives in the iron republic?[/quote]

There is no real harm nor main objectives in the Iron Republic, save for the end of the carousel, in which you can

a) spend some progress to create an Iron Republic Journal, which used to be the best BDR weapon (+1 Bizarre and Dreaded), and can be sold for 15 Echoes
b) cure some of your menaces
c) Spend fate to increase several quirks at once

It is not particularly profitable, but if you happens to get a lot of menace oversea (think 7 in everything), a visit to the Iron Republic can make all your menaces manageable. You’d end up with the same amount if you were fine before you enter, though.

There is one storylet that wipe out your Soul quality, though, so watch out for that one,

In regards to the soul quality, what should I be looking for to avoid losing it?

Sell all your souls before going to zee, that’s the easy solution.

I think it actually takes a few hundred or something like that because I’m pretty sure I got it and still had some souls left over, but.
edited by WormApotheote on 4/6/2015

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/A_killing_in_trade

Found it! I haven’t been there forever so you’d have to check what paths lead to Day 48. Boinking the Struggling Artist give you a 10% extra chance but if you haven’t done it you probably should never boink him. Seems they reduced the soul loss because it is 200 souls now.

Honestly it’s probably better to do the iron republic unspoiled at least once or twice. And since it doesn’t zero the quality it’s not like 4 echoes loss is THAT much. If you’re really worried just sell all your souls beforehand. Oooooor read the spoiler.

Picking “Look Closer” on day 40 will send you to day 48, which then risks losing your souls; you’ll always end up on day 40 eventually.

With some consideration, I have decided It would probably be in my best interests to acquire an Iron Republic Journal. Is there anything in particular I need or something I should look out for to get one?

As you go through the Iron Republic days you’ll earn a quality that can be spent to create an Iron Republic Journal at the end of your stay. You’ll be able to get one without any trouble at all.